Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Steeda Lowering Springs Available

I know this post is like a month ago, but did they use the spec sheet for the previous gen explorer?
  2. R

Did you get your alignment checked yet? Guys with the H&R springs are seeing rear camber over -2.0 degrees.
  3. R

Returning Memeber

Moderators helped me get back into my old account so still here!
  4. R

shocks/struts for my 2005 ford explorer xls sport

Probably a bit late for this one as well but I had a pair of Monroe struts fail on my 2005 Limited, one lived about a week, the other that I bought at the same time lasted about 3 months. Had nothing but issues with the vendor on Amazon. I'll never buy Monroe anything ever again.
  5. R

Pictures? I'm leaning towards using the steedas due to how good they have been in my mustang
  6. R

Explorer to Aviator front brake upgrade

Keep us posted when they come in, very interested in this swap as well.
  7. R

HID's Worth It?

I'll take being blinded for a split second over trying to orient myself and keep in my lane as a car that has been approaching me for 10 seconds shines a scattered uncontrolled beam that I cannot avoid looking at short of closing my eyes or orienting my head away from the road. How is your...
  8. R

Magnaflow universal muffler

I paid a lot more than that... I think I paid $475 or something like that-on sale.
  9. R

Lowering kit? which one lowers the most???

Re-checked, they are a 9.5 and a 40mm offset. Sorry for the mix-up.
  10. R

Lowering kit? which one lowers the most???

Ask and you shall receive 265/35 22x9.5 Voodo 407's No rubbing ever. It had just rained and it's a phone pic but gives you a good idea.
  11. R

Have a 4.6L? Here's a problem I bet you all have...

05 Limited, 130,000KM. Full on copper showing. I had my wife take it into the dealer while I was out of town working for a few weeks, they charged $250 and couldn't find the problem. Thanks for posting this thread, I would have turned the whole wiring harness inside out looking for for that...
  12. R

Compass Problem

I recalibrated mine when I first bought it and had to do it one other time.
  13. R

5.4 swap 03 Mounty

There is a lot less room because of the framerails on an explorer. I had the measuring tape out to see if the 5.4 3V from my 2004 F-150 could possibly fit in my 2002 explorer (85 more ft/lbs of torque is something these things could definitely use) and my conclusion is that you'd definitely...
  14. R

3rd Gen Mods, 2.0

V6 or V8? If it's a 4.6, here are my opinions. Underdrives are a good bang for the buck. Intake manifold: For the powerband needed for a truck the stocker is as good as it gets for the 4.6L. The TFS piece really needs ported heads and lots of RPM, the others out there are very top-end...
  15. R

The infamous blinking od light 03 exp

I ended up buying a used tranny from a wrecker from an 05 with 25,000 miles on it. I had the same symptoms as you and I'll bet that the fluid will be burnt when you check it. I changed the tranny myself but ended up chewing up the front pump due to not properly seating the torque converter...
  16. R

rear body panel crack? who has it!!

Mines been cracked for a few years now, I've heard that if you replace it with the stock one, it will usually break again as well. I might try making my own out of fiberglass, aluminum, wood (LOL), etc...As another poster said, it already looks like crap, it's not like I can do much worse...
  17. R

limited slip and 411 gears on my 04 v6....

97AWDX, I'm not an off road guy so I had never even considered Yukon gears, thanks for the correction. As for backlash, sure you can shim the carrier one way or another but any change you get in the number of times the driveshaft rotates versus the axle is due to "slop". There is no good...
  18. R

limited slip and 411 gears on my 04 v6....

I am not aware of 4.11's for an 8.8. 4.10's for an 8.8 have 41 ring gear and 10 pinion gear teeth, the 4.11's for 9" fords have 37 ring gear teeth and 9 pinion gear teeth-nothing to do with the diameter.
  19. R

painting trim

I've got to wash it first, it's been pretty wet and messy around here lately...
  20. R

painting trim

I did mine recently. If I knew it was going to look that much better, I would have done it years ago. I gave the trim a quick roughing up with a scotch-brite pad and primed, then painted. Spent $20 on paint, primer, and scotch-bite pads and I'm very happy with the results.
  21. R

First Time down the strip!

That beats my stock time. You were running 2.2's in the 60', my truck was in the 2.4 range. My best was a 16.177@82.5mph.
  22. R

Help! Replaced transmission, problems (5r55W, 2002 Explorer).

I flushed the cooling lines out with compressed air, blew air through the radiator connections, and then pumped Mercon V through them until it ran nice red fluid. I got the converter with the new transmission but only drained it by pouring fluid out of the snout (I didn't realize it had a drain...
  23. R

Update, Fluid is running through the cooler lines and the level drops when the vehicle is running. Car will not move at all. I do remember something odd, when I removed the old transmission, I was able to turn the motor with a socket on the crankshaft quite easily to get at the converter...
  24. R

Hello, I just swapped out my 5r55w with a low miles used one. I put a quart of mercon V in the converter, a new filter, and 4 quarts of fluid in the pan before starting it up. I started it up and clicked it through the gears while up on jackstands. I went to check the fluid level to add more...
  25. R

4.0 Remote Turbo Buildup

Is it as simple as splicing in more length of wire when relocating the MAF? If I were to vent the bypass to the inlet before the turbocharger and after the MAF is there a minimum distance that it should be done past the Maf? I could picture giving a pretty turbulent blast to the incoming air...
Back