Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Solved AC oil amounts

7 oz of PAG-46 is the total amount for the entire system :thumbsup:
  2. R

1994 Explorer R134a amount

Corrected error in my original post, 3lbs does not equal 36oz. Correct amount is 2lbs 4oz updated above.
  3. R

1994 Explorer R134a amount

Hi everyone, I am hoping someone is able to help me out. I am looking for the amount of R134a that goes into a factory 1994 Ford Explorer R134a system. (Not an R12 conversion) My sticker on the evaporator cover under the hood says 1lb 8oz (24oz) and 7oz Pag-46 oil. However everywhere else I look...
  4. R

Check your brake caliper pins regularly

I just recently had one slide out on its own :eek: Good advice here
  5. R

Overheating on a 1991 Ford Explorer :(

Awesome man, I am glad you got it figured out. I was going to ask if you were using a 50/50 mixture and a had a working radiator cap. Seeing as you are from Texas, it gets pretty hot down there :D
  6. R

1993 4 door severe rust repair

Have to give you props, you are tackling all the rust areas I need to have repaired on my truck :thumbsup:
  7. R

Overheating on a 1991 Ford Explorer :(

Does it overheat when you are idling or at speed?
  8. R

Front Driver's Wheel Bearing

I think I have tracked the heat source down to the EGR tube or the headers. Only thing else I could think of would be a dragging brake pad. Kind of clueless :roll: 90 degrees today though, I will take a look at it tomorrow when its cooler :D
  9. R

UPDATE: Car drove to and from work alright. No "bearing roar" or pull when braking. Still have a burning smell coming from the drivers front wheel well though. Cant really pinpoint it but I can feel an intense heat coming out. Not sure how to go about diagnosing it. Front passenger wheel well...
  10. R

No play in the wheel, re-torqued both spindle nuts. Will update when I come home from work tonight.
  11. R

I have been experiencing a problem with my left front wheel bearing recently. Noticed it a few months ago. (Burning smell from the tire) The vehicle would pull to the left when I applied the brakes. Thought it was originally a caliper, replaced both and still had the problem. Then I noticed a...
  12. R

My 92 X the way I bought it and now

I really like the look of those fender flares. Are those available anywhere for purchase or are they custom?
  13. R

hello!

Hey all, I realized I never made a post when I first got here a few years ago. Not a big poster but have found great help from using the search feature. Still rocking that 1994 XLT, from Orland Hills, IL. Thanks to all who have helped me fix up my explorer and get it to the condition it is in...
  14. R

Question for those that have done a lower intake gasket

Replaced one about a month ago, the RTV held up great with no leaks at all. Just make sure to allow it to dry first (1hr) and then cure (24hrs)
  15. R

How to: Ford Explorer - Ranger Radius Arm Bushing Repair

Ah i just had these replaced today by my mechanic, $350... :thumbdwn:
  16. R

Angel Eye Projectors for first gen EX?

http://www.advancedlites.com/product_info.php/pName/9194-ford-explorer-projector-headlights/cName/ford-explorer This site will make you a set if you send them your housings to build with. A little expensive but the only place I have ever found that does the retrofit for you.
  17. R

Diamond clear headlights with HID on 94 EXP

I have had the HID's in the diamond clears for a few months. I'm not really a fan, they are aimed so low down that you cant see 40+ feet in front of you. I was running 6000K but just switched to 5000K to see if there is a difference. If not I am going to switch back to halogens, less light but...
  18. R

13MPG Highway??!

Thank you for the information, I would have never guessed that was a way to check the cats. Saved me alot of time and headache of trying to narrow stuff down :thumbsup: Definitely will check the cats. Tires are all @35PSI. Door says 26PSI but I tend to run them higher in the winter. Will also...
  19. R

13MPG Highway??!

Yes I think you may be on to something. I will look into it this weekend. If it means anything my exhaust has always had a real strong pungent odor to it (rotten eggs almost). My father has the same vehicle and I notice his doesn't have this smell coming from the exhaust. Could it mean I am...
  20. R

13MPG Highway??!

Just doesnt make sense why all of a sudden my mileage would drop so much. I was getting around 15 combined in the summer. I'll reset the ECM and clean the MAF see what happens. Thank You
  21. R

13MPG Highway??!

Hello, I recently took a 480 mile trip of which about 450miles of it were highway. After filling up twice i noticed I was only getting 486miles/37.8 gallons of fuel = ~12.9MPG I have done searches before and notice some people getting close to 20MPG in first gens. I used to get 19MPG in...
  22. R

My recent Explorer experience. (kinda long)

You should be an author! That was a really detailed post/story. :) Sounds like a neglected ex though, good call on passing it up! :thumbsup: Didn't want to end up like that -> :roll: on the side of the road.
  23. R

03 ranger, killed battery, now no go

Hi had the same problem in my Explorer. I ended up having a loose cable going to the starter solenoid, and then later discovered a few corroded cables. Got them replaced and no problems since then.
  24. R

windshield wiper sizing?

how does a 16" fit on the rear? I have a 13" now, and it looks almost too big?
  25. R

power steering leak!

I have the same problem, and am curious to a solution. However I did switch to Valvoline High Mileage Power Steering Fluid with stop leak, and it has reduced the amount it leaks considerably.
Back