Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

A4LD Valve Body Rebuild Diary

Glacier, I wanted to thank you for your tech thread. I used this extensively when rebuilding my a4ld back in 3/07 Trans worked great. BUT, on june 6 2007, I was heading to pick a car up. This woman decided to turn LEFT head on into me across the road. My aerostar was totalled and I got...
  2. A

How many people own or have owned an Aerostar?

I had a 1993, I put 200k on it. 1 transmission. The hd coolers on the transmission made a difference. Now I have a 90 bronco and a 94 ranger.
  3. A

200 amp alternator install: 4.0 SOHC

I noticed a 4g. You know I bet a 3g would work better for you. too late now. I get 3g's from the junk yard and beef them up with the "overdrive" pulley. The overdrive pulley comes off of any 1999 or later taurus. The 3g is rated to 15,000 rpm, I am sure the 4g is pretty close to the same.
  4. A

My quest for 30 MPG - Ford Explorer Gas Mileage Tips

Technically you can't develop 200 amps with the current belt. I think it has to be a 6 or 8 rib belt to do such. There is too much slippage above 140-150 to continually put out 200 amps.
  5. A

How to: Flushing Radiators With Pressure

Antifreeze has water pump lubricants in it. Water does not. Use plain water at your expense.
  6. A

93 - 96 OD A4LD SWAP / glacier / anyone?

Which would be pointless at this point. I guess I finish rebuilding the AL4D
  7. A

A4LD rebuild for the poor man (or lady).

I cut the tc snout off of my old tc. no core on that puppy,,lol. I haul junk cars on the side, so the tc is no problem. had many others to core from..lol. so the tc weight issue should be moot.. I did the vb, and am just lacking motivation. I am an old hand at this, and it is not my first...
  8. A

4R55E to A4LD swap

But can you swap the 4r55 to a A4 application? and do they sell an upgrade harness?
  9. A

A4LD rebuild for the poor man (or lady).

Well you made it. I started mine on July 2, 2006. I am still not done. Aside from ebay VB's 3 of them. New OD Shell, and a host of other delays. I am so burned out on it, I could care less if I ever fix it. I could pull the usual parts and crush it. But it is a great vehicle, and I...
  10. A

I wiped the info after I seen the 4R is in the '96, not the A4, which I am supposing makes swapping the 1996 trans into a 1993 pretty damn impossible.. IF IT were possible, it would be a 1996 4r44e swap into a 1993 behind a 3.0 . the 4r44e is a 3.0 trans. This is all in a ford ranger...
  11. A

BTW.. This is 2WD
  12. A

What exactly is the OD button for?

The od removes od... for towing. no top gear upshift at cruising speeds. This removes overdrive, which is prone to slippage when extra weight, or hilly terrain is encountered.
  13. A

Winch shopping? Comparison specs here:

The difference is the motors. One is series wound, the other is permanent magnet. good series wound are worth the extra money. I use a PM winch every day. And I hate it. It works, but it is slow. I was dumb and new to winches. not any more. Warn is worth the money, or go HYDRAULIC..
  14. A

My quest for 30 MPG - Ford Explorer Gas Mileage Tips

truck driving Your sitting behind semi-trucks on these trips, letting them take the drag. Lots of semi trucks kick an air trail up for many hundreds of feet. I wonder how far back a convoy would pull air.. I bet if you sat between two semi-trucks, your mileage would be close to your claims...
  15. A

A4LD Valve Body Rebuild Diary

THANKS TO ALL FOR THIS FORUM,..... keep it going
Back