Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

6 Vs 8, Fuel Mileage

Just got 18 MPG in my 2002 V6 4.0 but I wish I had the V8. V6 has power, but you can tell it is lacking.
  2. M

Add sub to 2002 XLT with 3rd row

Thanks Jad. Thanks Jad . . .I'll keep looking but i guess you did not find enought depth in the side panel. As for the amp, I'm considering a compact 'digital" Alpine PDX that should fit under the front pax seat. my 2cd row middle has some kind of bump in the floor that will not allow amp...
  3. M

2002 XLT - Is the transmission guaranteed to fail?

The "magic tool" to fix the Tranny is . . . Some kind of boring tool tha alows him to insert a steel sleeve for the pin to ride in instead of the Aluminum case. Problem is, he has to dissassble the tranny to do the job . . . this is no 'easy' fix.
  4. M

Add sub to 2002 XLT with 3rd row

So, can I HIDE The sub somewhere on the 2002 style? Love the way you hid the AMP. I have a baby and another one coming . . .we love to load the truck up in the summer and punish the wimpy V6. Anyway, I can not have a sub box, IS THERE A PLACE TO HIDE A 10 inch JL SUB?? I don't want to...
  5. M

Another 2002 Explorer XLS Speaker Install HOWTO

thanks for taking the time. do you know where I can hide a 10 inch sub in the 2002 style explorer?
  6. M

Stealth Box

Doesn't JL Audio make one for that rig? didn't it the EBs have a factory sub?
  7. M

2002 XLT Tranny - GTD to Fail? My Tranny guy is telling my tranny is guaranteed to fail at 90 to 120k miles. He knows the reason why and has a special tool to fix this "fast mover" in the world of transmission failures and repair. Anyone have experience or similar comments from their shop??
  8. M

Suggestions wanted for 100K preventative maintenance

Don't think twice about the serpintine belt and pulley. I have about the same mileage but I do the tranny fluid every 12k b/c these trucks are known to blow them due to a steel pin in an aluminum shaft or some other careless engineering. Anyway, I would do the tranny fluid. Skip the T...
  9. M

I service the tranny every 12k miles at a real tranny shop. Now my guy is telling me: "oh yea, those trannys go at about 90k miles. I keep them on the shelf it is so common." (which I have). He knows EXACTLY why and has a special tool to fix it on the rebuild. Still gonna cost me $2k. TRUE...
  10. M

I service the transmission every 12k miles at a real transmission shop. Now my guy is telling me that these transmissions go at about 90k miles (which I have). He knows EXACTLY why, and has a special tool to fix it on the rebuild. It's still going to cost me $2k. TRUE? I've searched the...
  11. M

Goodyear Fortera Triple Treads

I love them but I get a rumble at 65 MPH, not sure if it is the tires. I heard they were noisy.
  12. M

2002 U Joint

I replaced my rear u joint and I still get a rumble at 65 mph. Anyone else? Might be my Fortera Triple Treads . . .i'll update the string if I find out.
  13. M

2002 bearings

Hi FYI, I just had 3 of my bearings replaced and it cost about $800 each due to the fact that the bearing is part of a larger assembly and the mechanic needs to remove the suspension to replace. so far all is well but a big expense. The mechanic says it is common.
Back