Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

Rear A/C inop (makes noise, but no air)

Thanks again for the response. Yes, the flapper door is the issue... This was a MAJOR PAIN taking the whole center console apart! I finally figured out how (it slides back, because the rear metal frame has two pegs that slide into the metal floor). I get all speeds, but the fan is...
  2. P

Thanks for the offer, jtsmith. I got the entire back of the center console off, where I could have visual access to the fan unit underneath. The fan wheel turns fine, but it's not blowing any air (not enough to move a blade of grass I stick downwind in the duct). I'm thinking there must be...
  3. P

Are there 2 separate fans for the A/C system (1 for front, 1 for rear)? I took the back half of the center console off, but there's no fan there. I'm assuming it's under the hood. Just wondering if anyone has ever seen it. When adjusting the electrical fan controls (rear air), I can hear...
  4. P

I have a '95 in which the rear air is no longer working. When adjusting the fan settings (on the rear of the center console), you can hear the blower turn on and off, but no air ever comes out. I haven't taken the console apart yet, so I'm not exactly sure how the system works. It sounds...
  5. P

Replace driver's seatback adjustment lever?

We have 2 Explorers. My wife's, a 97, has the leather seats. Unfortunately, her driver's seatback adjustment lever always got bent when she got in and out of the seat (I think the leather seats aren't as tall on the sides as the cloth; maybe it's just because she's 320 lbs.). After getting...
  6. P

Headlights On & Off & On, etc....

How do you replace a headlight switch? I just need to know the easiest way to get to the devil! I'm assuming I take off the entire cluster trim? And do you know a part number? Nevermind. I found the part at Autozone for $27.99. Thanks!
  7. P

How to: How To: Drivers Exterior Door Handle Replacement

What is the name/part number of that yellow clip? I have a '97, and couldn't get the door open from the outside handle. Only the inside would work. Upon taking the door panel off, I couldn't find any problems with the latch mechanism. I thought that maybe the linkage from the outer door...
Back