Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

Can 8" lift be done on an 1999 Explorer limited?

I just came in here to see an Ex. with 8 feet of lift!:p:
  2. H

Keep the 4.0L or not...? Go with the 5.0L or not...?

The sohc is trouble brewing compared to the v8. The 302 will give you easily 100k hard, off-road miles. My guess, if you get a *brand new* sohc motor, you'll be lucky to get 75k hard miles out of it. I lost my '99 ex thanks to the cam chain tensioner problem after 100k nice-and-easy street miles.
  3. H

Ford SHO in a '99 Ranger any suggestions...

yeah, the SHO fits right up to the trans, but motor mounts and accessory drive is left to be solved. Also, what SHO is it? The V8's aren't what I would spring for.. I'd love to see some one do it!
  4. H

Motor Controlled Rack lights?

http://www.boatersland.com/gue22040.html ^Gets my vote :D
  5. H

X92Exploder's Explorer's

Makes me wish I had kept my '99 sport :|
  6. H

Intech 32 valve V8 Lincoln engine questions

Yah! Those motors aren't ever that cheap! I've seen pictures online of ppl putting that engine into explorers and rangers, but it's not at all easy! Apparently the DOHC motor is wider and taller than a normal 5.0, and requires all manner of shoehorning to get it in the bay of one of our trucks...
  7. H

Whole lotta ?'s .. Newbie ! Help :]

~I don't know tons about the 4x4s, especially the older ones, but I would never modify a vehicle in order to reduce it's utility. Maybe you don't think you'll want the 4wd, but you just never know. Give it time! Not sure how much experience you have behind the wheel, but most cars shake a...
  8. H

How to deal with your significant other

^What he said. My Girlie is excited and eager to learn about the things I do, and I'm slowly working my way into the things she likes to do. When you're taking on a long-term relationship, check your insecurities and hang-ups at the door.
  9. H

loud ticking noise

heads aren't too expensive. I've heard of places that will swap you heads for about ninety bucks.
  10. H

Performance Exhaust Servey

Hi there- I bought my truck with a single Flowmaster 40 series and a real hack-job of a system from the manifolds back. Since then, I've re-done a good chunk of it to where it now consists of 2" pipe from the cats to about the Trans crossmember. From there it rises to 2.5" (don't ask me why)...
  11. H

Intake or Exhaust

Both. It's a chicken-egg problem, you've got to look at the bigger picture. Most often no single mod makes a big difference on it's own~ only when installed together are any of these things going to make an appreciable difference.
  12. H

first time here

Welcome to our site! Much luck to you in the future should you ever need to tap the community for information about your truck. Enjoy!
  13. H

Speakers

It's a question about speakers--you didn't get the pun? Insanely funny!!! Seriously, though- welcome to the site, newbie. In the future, do yourself a big favor and search around just a little before posting. There's a ton of great info about your truck on this site, and we want to keep it as...
  14. H

fuel filter replacement~'02 Ranger

i got it figured out with some help from the dudes over at TRS. You push in on the colored bands and the lines just pop out- it's really quite easy... In a covered-in-gasoline kind of way.
  15. H

New offroad Y pipe finally installed!

Im' in the process of making a new y-pipe for my ranger, only I wish it looked HALF as pretty as yours, man... Good Work! I'm jealous!
  16. H

4.0 OHV into 4.0 24v COSWORTH

Are those lifters in the top pic, or just dummies installed for the purpose of filling the holes? I thought this was a DOHC project...:p:
  17. H

Oil Pressure Issue!

usually high oil pressure is a blockage in the galleys, or in worst-case scenario, a spun bearing. That it operates fine in spite of your 'gauge,' indicates that it may lie in the wiring. Best of Luck ~Ken
  18. H

What should I NOT paint under my truck.

I'd avoid painting the drive shaft. The potential for unbalancing it with paint is pretty negligible, but why risk it? Also, the steel hard line for the brakes should be okay to paint, but near the fittings I'd avoid, too. Just err on the side of caution on that stuff.
  19. H

Tire Caps

Go to a local bicycle shop! I run one, and most of the lower-key shops (think: old school) keep a ton of aluminum and chrome valve caps in stock. Also, there'll be a bucket filled with the standard black kind somewhere in the back.
  20. H

Opinions on Wind Deflectors on the 06/07 Model!!!

I like 'em! Got a set with my new (to me) '02 Ranger and they work just fine. mostly it's about being able to crack the windows in the rain, when it's cool enough to not need a/c otherwise. and frankly, nothing should ever be taped to a vehicle save for a few emergency conditions.
  21. H

Frustrated Explorer

I;m not a rich guy, so I always start with the cheapest stuff you can do to a truck regardless of whether I think it's related to the problem. Now, I'm sure you keep up with your regular service, but let's think of some silly-cheap things to try first: Is the IAC valve clean? When was the last...
  22. H

Next Ford Explorer to be a CUV

Maybe if we're good this year Santa will bring us a production-ready version of that Bronco concept that debuted last year... And If we're really good, it'll look a little better than it did last year.
  23. H

fuel pump problem

The first thing I'd do is make sure there's fuel pressure all along the fuel line- Is there a blockage or kink anywhere? Fuel Filter? Then I'd say (and I'm no expert) that there's something amiss within the pump itself- not a serviceable condition in most cases- and the pump will need to be...
  24. H

fuel filter replacement~'02 Ranger

I've got the funny little scissor-looking tool that is commonly used on these "Not-so" quick-disconnect jobs, but that doesn't seem to be the right tool for the job on my 2002 Ranger. This filter has three ports, what appear to be two inlets and a single out- additionally, there are little...
  25. H

ouch

Where the crap did you snap that picture!? Typical Florida divers, though.. can't seem to keep 'em rubber side down.
Back