Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Torque Converter Clutch (TCC) Solenoid test

Brooklyn, Since it's an intermittent problem I want to test it while driving over a couple of days. I don't think it would be a great idea to run the wires under the truck and into the interior. Also, if I have the harness unplugged then I don't think I will get the 3/4 shift or TCC lockup...
  2. F

Thanks for your input Maniak. I'm going to have to wait till the weekend to hook it all up; need the truck to move my daughter back to college. I checked the EEC codes today: KOEO was 111 / pass, CM was 186 / injector pulse width higher than expected or MAF sensor signal voltage lower than...
  3. F

I have a 94 XLT 4x4 with 186,000 miles. It has the original A4LD transmission. The only tranny maintenance is fluid and filter changes at 76k and 167k that I did and a flush/fill and filter change by local garage at 184k. Before the last flush/fill and for the last 8 months the TCC lockup has...
  4. F

Removing internal components from front hub

De, Thanks for your post. I'm hoping I don't have to do the spindle bearings and front axle u-joints, but if I have to your info will be invaluable.
  5. F

Little X, EMG, and Knob, Thanks for your replies. The grinding and clunks occured intermittently in 2x4, not 4x4. I hope my front axle, differential, and driveshaft weren't spinning in 2x4. I switched to Warn manual hubs and I hope this cures the problem. I think the problem was caused by...
  6. F

Hi guys, my first post, I've been lurking for a while. I have a 94 XLT 4x4 with 185,000 miles. I have 2 questions, 1) Can I remove the internal components from my stock front hubs and safely drive the truck? I need to drive it before I can do a hub rebuild or replacement with manual hubs. 2)...
Back