Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. dirtyXplorer

Can't use FIX-A-FLAT with TPMS!

Alot of tire places (discount) can repair tires for free depending on where the leak is...
  2. 33015841_4eb000c21c

33015841_4eb000c21c

3. dirtyXplorer

Seafoam got me into trouble today!

When I lived in a crappy apartment complex last year I had to wait until it was dark outside to do it.
  4. dirtyXplorer

Theft prevention?

KC makes light locks http://www.kchilites.com/store/Lite-Locks-7221-P638C132.aspx You can buy wheel locks almost anywhere but it wouldn't be a bad idea to invest in an alarm system.
  5. dirtyXplorer

35's on 3.73's

IMO,,,I say save up your money a little longer and do it right. You don't want to buy new tires and have to rebuild your transmission a few months later. I had 35"s and 3.73s and you will be OK on the street if you take it easy.
  6. dirtyXplorer

The best MPG mod ever! (w/pics!!!)

It was from JC Whitney. IMO don't buy one unless you want one just for looks. They are pretty flimsy but I was young and wanted something to put lights on. :D
  7. dirtyXplorer

I was thinking of cutting a hole in the floor so I can use Flinstone power....
  8. dirtyXplorer

Tbars A4LD Temp Guage and Drain Plug

This is a great mod. I ended up just using a universal pod and I still need to paint it. Here is the thread: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182958&highlight=trans+gauge
  9. dirtyXplorer

haha I thought about that... Its too bad to see them just sit there. Those are some pretty sexy 225/75/R15 if you ask me :confused:
  10. dirtyXplorer

Hi, Through extensive research and Craigslist I think I have come up with the ultimate MPG boosting mod for the ford Explorer: Before: During: After: :eek: J/K. My neighbor let me store my Explorer in her garage for the semester until I...
  11. hahaha

hahaha

12. 0809071416

13. hahaha

hahaha

14. dirtyXplorer

Lets hear it! Vote on raised letters in or out?

x2... I only like the lettering out for hot rods and race cars
  15. dirtyXplorer

High Bass

you are right, most of the sound characteristics come from the design and size of the enclosure. however, 18" subs move a lot of mass and unless the OP has a custom tuned enclosure high lows (~180Hz and up) are not going to be accurate. Each size of speaker has certain frequencies that the...
  16. dirtyXplorer

Dannyboy's Re-Registry

Simply wow!....You should get a few more pics of your dash ;)
  17. dirtyXplorer

Volvo S60 + 6" Boulder= Not Good

you could always get one of those Halloween rubber fake human arms and stuff it under there....that would give the volvo mechanic a scare...a big scrape/dent and an arm! :eek:
  18. dirtyXplorer

Donate to Save Dannyboy's life...cage time

Sweet dash...I think everyone needs a stereo in their trail rig :thumbsup: I have thought of putting marine speakers in mine...
  19. dirtyXplorer

Storing an Explorer

Im bring this back from the dead!!! The main thing I am worried about is the tires. I read after 8-10 years the rubber in tires expires. It looks like I may not be driving this thing regularly for another year or so. What can I do to keep my pretty much new tires in good shape? I like the...
  20. dirtyXplorer

High Bass

What do you have in your doors? I would consider putting something like ~6" component speakers in the doors. Component speakers usually do a good jobs with highs, mids, and the upper lows. Or swap your 18"s for some 15"s or even 12"s. With smaller subs you will be able to get more of the low...
  21. dirtyXplorer

Moab 2008 Chat Thread : May 30-June 1 2008

Me Too...Every time I drive over a speed bump or curb I think to myself why am I not at MOAB!
  22. dirtyXplorer

Estimated time to swap A4ld

Holy Crap :eek: Good luck man edit: Better there than on the trail I guess
  23. dirtyXplorer

NE1 running Wrangler MTR's? need opinion

I love my MTRs.... I use them for DD and off road. They are pretty quiet for a aggressive tread tire. I have never gotten stuck (mud, rocks, snow, etc.) so I would have to say they do pretty good off road.
  24. dirtyXplorer

Time for a new stereo

Hey, I do alot of live sound too. FOH baby! anyway, check out crutchfield.com. They can help you with everything and sometimes they have awesome sales. I have had nothing but good experiences from them.
  25. dirtyXplorer

Moab 2008 Chat Thread : May 30-June 1 2008

That sucks 410, I was thinking of asking you if I could catch a ride out there... Anyone else with a seat from CO going?
Back