Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

1993 Explorer Already lifted, looking for more. TTB questions

I have level ing coils and warrior 153 shackles on my ex and I am running 33 inch mud terrains with only minor trimming on the fenders. The tires are mounted on 15x8 wheels with 4.5 inches of back spacing. Even with that my alignment is off with the stock camber bushings. My guess is you won't...
  2. L

1992 XLT 4x4 "LAWG"

Finally got all my parts last week. Had bad weather all week and had to wait till Saturday before I could get to work. One of my shackle bolts was a major PITA. Spring comparison Final product There is a bit more rake to it than I thought there would be. Ended up...
  3. L

1992 XLT 4x4 "LAWG"

Haha! I know right? I do plan on having to cut the bejebeers out of them.
  4. L

1992 XLT 4x4 "LAWG"

Last fall my transmission started slipping. So I did the logical thing and spray painted my car a different color to fix the transmission. For some reason that didn't work and it eventually blew up. I swapped in an M5OD and found out several things. 1. I had to buy a crap ton of tools. 2...
  5. L

A4LD to M5OD swap problems

I have my transmission in and everything put back together. Now the darn thing won't start. I got a rebuilt starter from Autozone. Put it on and nothing. The fender relay is clicking. There is nothing going on at the starter though. Is there any sensor from the automatic that would keep it...
  6. L

I will make sure to find those threads on bleeding. I took the Dorman part number for the line by itself to the shop that got me the bolts and they were able to get me the line. Hopefully I will have the trans in before Thanksgiving.
  7. L

Thanks guys. I tried NAPA today and they only had the line in the kit and even that was special order. A local parts store measured me up and got the right bolts for me. I am going to try Ford for the line tomorrow. I have never bled a clutch system but I am always willing to try it once. If I...
  8. L

rockauto was one of the places I first checked to see if they would have it. And they do. But the only thing I see it in is a kit with the slave, the master, and the line together. I have all the other stuff already just not the line.
  9. L

Just looked again to be sure. The slave that I bought does not come with the hose/tubing that goes to the master cylinder.
  10. L

So I started my swap a couple weeks ago and now I have run into some issues. 1. I don't have bolts to attach the pressure plate to the fly wheel. What size are they? What grade should I get? Will I need special heads for clearance? 2. Can I just reuse my auto dust shield? Can I modify it...
  11. L

Problems sourcing manual trans

The Tennessee hills have finally killed my a4ld. I am taking the leap and swapping in a 5 speed. I have gotten everything the threads say I need except for the computer, pedals, and the transmission it self. The problem I am having is the yards I have talked to in my town have to get a...
  12. L

Transmission Starting to Slip

Not insulted at all. What I meant was that the rpms don't equate with the amount of power its getting to the ground. I dropped the pan and changed the filter and replaced what fluid came out in September. While I was down there I adjusted the bands using a thread on the forum here. It was...
  13. L

Transmission Starting to Slip

My transmission is starting to slip. It noticeably needs more gas to get it moving from a stop and especially when going up hill. What are my options as far as a getting a new transmission? I looked on this site: . They have a used one will 60k miles for $600. Has anyone used this or...
  14. L

Really Rough Idle

I just went to the parts store and got the pack of caps. It runs fine now. Hopefully it will stay that way. Thanks for all the help!
  15. L

Really Rough Idle

Just looked and it is a vacuum leak from the tree on the intake manifold. The one without a vacuum line on it is looking from the driver's side 3 o'clock and closest to the intake manifold. I looked around for a loose line and did not see anything but when I put my finger over it the idle went...
  16. L

Really Rough Idle

Starting tonight my X started idling super rough. It will almost die in drive but never does. Sometimes in park it will almost die then the lights will dim for just a second before it revs back up. It's idling at around 750rpm like usual but its rough. There is no power loss when I am on gas...
  17. L

Bolt on SAS kit

Any change in status of this setup?
  18. L

235x75x15 or 31x10.50x15 info. Please

I have had 31's on for over a year now and have not noticed any drop in mileage. They have never rubbed even with my saggy springs. Now as to the speedometer and odometer mentioned above, I checked my speeds with a gps right after I had the tires put on my stock 15x7 rims and there was only a...
  19. L

Radiator Leak

What else does it stop? Like coolant passages?
  20. L

Radiator Leak

Well what else does it stop? Clog coolant passages what?
  21. L

Radiator Leak

My radiator has been leaking slowly from one of the plastic side tanks for a month or so now. I had a friend suggest getting some leak stop stuff to put in there. Does this stuff work? I know it's not a real fix and plan on getting another radiator. But can it help me hold out till I save enough...
  22. L

How To: Mount A Spare Inside

This is pretty sweet and has me thinking of my own ideas to mount up a spare.....
  23. L

Cigarette smell. How do I get rid of it?

I used to drive through really deep lake water and found out the hard way that the weather stripping was not very good. That on top of the fact that my heater core exploded, I smoke, and I had about 3 gallons of used oil spill in the back on my way to recycle it did not help the smell either. I...
Back