Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 9

My new toy!!

I do have one question. I know you all say you have the p heads if you see the EGR on the pass manifold. WTF does it look like. and i thought the p heads had the airfilter box like the SOHC, not that funnel one. I could, and probably am wrong. bu JW. And why are they better, bigger valves...
  2. 9

My new toy!!

HA thinking about it considering there is NOTHING green to it. actualy i will right now! Ok, that plan backfired. Everytime i logged out, it would log me back in, and wouldnt let me make a new one. HA. anyone wanna "ban" me or how ever......
  3. 9

Ford factory handsfree cell phone

I wasnt aware that they put phones in the exs?
  4. 9

My new toy!!

Yea, i know all about that 4406. dont know if i have the time. but i want that. with the power, a 4low would rape. haha
  5. 9

My new toy!!

HA, yea havent had time to update sig, and notice how it says blue interior with a list of all the "mods". haha. Ill do that in the morn. and ill explain alittle more about this. after drivn it, i really got a steal!! And best of all LS 3.73 HA. better than the open 3.55 i had before. I...
  6. 9

SOHC ...any suggestion

Your not gonna get that low end feel with a 4.0 unless its cold (motor) and temp ive noticed, via OHC. Unless you redo the gears. a tune, good plugs wires and intake exaust helps tho.
  7. 9

My new toy!!

Its a 97, and he said its got the p heads.
  8. 9

My new toy!!

Well, i got rid of my green 97 with the SOHC and 143000 miles tonight for 4300, and i bought THIS for 5000!!! More pix to come when its light out! Has rear air, power locks,cruise control,power mirrors,power windows,moonroof,leather,dual airbags,dual power seats, am/fm/tape/cd changer,remote...
  9. 9

High Quality Drop in Filter VS. Cold Air Intake

All i did was buy a cylinder filter, attached it to the maf with the stock box choped and sealed it with silicone. works great. It was about 50 bux AND i got the kick ass stickers.
  10. 9

3rd Gen Ex going on it's lid...

HA idiot. That was a nice one too!
  11. 9

High Quality Drop in Filter VS. Cold Air Intake

Youll be fine, i have an open filter and ive splashed water up on and over my hood before, and NOTHING. if your scared get one of those bypass filter things. Youll be fine. give the engine bay alittle more credit! and even going through touchless carwashes BLOW water at the front of the...
  12. 9

3rd Gen Ex going on it's lid...

sub
  13. 9

would u take this 2000 xlt on a roadtrip???

Take it. Change the oil before you go and maby the tranny fulid aswell.
  14. 9

Thinking of buying looking for info on changes...

I think im going to pick up a 5.0 tonight aswell. getting rid of my 4.0.
  15. 9

Thinking of buying looking for info on changes...

Great trucks, just make sure you buy one that has been well maintained. They take ALOT of abuse, but its always nice to have a good truck.. 5.0 = reliable as all hell. but with the AWD configuration, it sucks gas. But there are alot of things to do to them. They are really great trucks, and...
  16. 9

New Guy.....

Welcome Its really hard for us to tell exactly what you want, but if you tell us, like you did well help. i found alot about what i wanted to do by just reading what others have done. alot of good ideas here, and so very helpful!! Welcome man!:salute:
  17. 9

Where did my mileage go!

I would check the O2's and put a can of seafoam in the gastank. Do some mild mods to it to via intake exaust. my millage shot up. i get about 23 in the city with rpm only going to about 2200. im hopeing you didnt foul out the new plugs with the seafoam.
  18. 9

A sad day for me.

that is low, i have a 97 with 1429xx miles.
  19. 9

new member with a little problem

hook a volt meter up the the sensor. i dont know the correct voltage, but a haynes or chiltones will tell you.
  20. 9

SOHC ...any suggestion

Your on the right track where you are. Theres not alot more you can do without putting alot of money into it via cams s/c turbo etc. Make sure your timming chain tensioner is replaced. thats a key part int eh function of the motor.
  21. 9

CEL question?

Hard to believe no one here has any idea. would silicone work?
  22. 9

running hot idling high

Id have your thermostat replaced and flush your coolant. About the idle, idk. Id start by checking all your sensors, MAF, IAC and what not. Give them a good cleaning with maf parts cleaner.
  23. 9

What are your top 3 performance mods?

Catback Intake plugs and seafoam (tie) as well I have only done these things, and they helped ALOT. im gonna keep moving forward with the ex, hopefully in als direction. i admire what he has done!
  24. 9

new to forum

Welcome!!! Youll find everything you need to know here!!
  25. 9

CEL question?

My CEL came on, i had it read and cleared, now i want to fix the problem. It says EVAP leak, (large), what could that be? when i fill my gas tank, right before it stops the pump, gas spills EVERYWHERE. it looks like there isnt a tight seal around there the nosel goes in and where the feed...
Back