Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Transmission problem? Need advice.

I asked her to try to drive it in manual shift mode to autozone to have them pull the codes. Hopefully she makes it there and back ok. I'll post them back tonight after i have them. I'm hoping its something simple like low fluid due to a leak that has gone unnoticed its a sealed trans so no...
  2. M

Transmission problem? Need advice.

Hello all looking for some advice. daughter called from college this morning saying her 2003 ford explorer v6 would not go faster than 30 mph and the o/d light was flashing on her way to work. So i did a video call with her so i could see the dash and observe. I observed with the car in...
  3. M

Ford Explorer front brack lines

Ok, just an update in case anyone comes across this thread later... Ended up making my own. Took my time to bend to match as closely as possible to the original. Had difficulty finding the end with the female fitting. So ended up just cutting the fittings off the original line and reusing then...
  4. M

That Autozone part is the part at the wheel that goes from the brake line I'm replacing to the caliper. So you are correct, it's not the correct part.
  5. M

Hello all. My daughter has a 2003 Ford Explorer XLT 4WD 4.0L Flex. She seems to have developed a small pin hole in one of the brake lines inside the engine compartment. Part number from what I can find on the ford parts website is 5L2Z-2264-A. Looks like this part is discontinued. Any...
  6. M

Front Crash Sensor

Hey all, I have a 2003 Explorer XLT 4.0 Flex (not sport, not bauer), getting code 42. Can't find the part number anywhere to ensure I get the correct replacement. Anybody have access to the ford manual and can pass along the correct part number for my Explorer would be greatly appreciated...
  7. M

Looking for Rack and pinion frame bolts

Hey all, have 2003 4wd explorer xlt 4.0 v6 flex fuel. Had to pull the rack and pinion to replace the high pressure line ( was so corroded couldn't get it out while in the vehicle ). Anyway finally got it out but the 2 bolts that hold the "L" bracket to the frame on the bottom side of the pinion...
  8. M

How to: Parking Brake Removal and Installation (with pictures)

This helped understand 2003 issue I have a 2003 Explorer, couldn't figure out why every parts store that sold me rear parking brake shoes, sold me shoes that didn't match the ones that came off my SUV and don't fit. You're pictures are exactly what the parts stores sold me for shoes, so it's...
Back