Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

how fast will a dent/scratch start to gather rust

Thanks for your input guys. A kid on his bike hit my car. I didnt' see it but a neighbor did. When I confronted the alleged kids parents his father more or less called me a liar by saying one of the dents couldnot have been done at the same time because it was oxidizing and "metal doesn't...
  2. E

how fast will a dent/scratch start to gather rust

If your car gets dented and the paint scratched off about how long would it take before some minor rust starts to show on the metal under the paint? If temp and humidity have any factor its gets to about 55-60 degrees at night with dew collecting on the body up to about 80degrees in the day...
  3. E

chrome gas doors

my buddy is looking for a chrome gas door for his 98 expo...I know they make them but where can i tell him he can get one at? thanks
  4. E

nasty window help

hardtech, I will try this next time I clean them...thats intresting...thank you I'm still open to other ideas and suggestions just in case
  5. E

nasty window help

nope, the only smell i smell is still a slight new car smell from the vents...as for steaming/fogging of the windows...i'd say i haven't noticed any large amount but that doesn't mean it isn't occurring but i just might not have taken note...i'll watch next time.
  6. E

nasty window help

nothing that I would know of. Haven't been parked in any hazzardous areas, and most of the times I roll my windows all the way up. I work in a office building so its not likely anything was done in the parking lot on a hot day when i sometimes I leave the windows cracked just a bit.. at...
  7. E

nasty window help

Hey everyone, I have a 2004 civic coupe and the rear and front windows inside are always so nasty. I don't smoke, and no one that rides in my car smokes. However after I clean my windows, about 2 days later there is a noticable filth covering most of the front and rear windows. It's almost...
  8. E

bumper repair...how much would do u think?

1st estimate is in....$373 :( I SUCK
  9. E

the 32 was a winter time calc...spring/summer i get right around 38. i'm sure its got the smallest engine they can put in it...i can actually say that i don't remember what is in it..i want to say its a 1.7L non vtec engine
  10. E

I figured it could be just filled and painted....i would hope so at least i'll have to get it fixed either way since its a lease and i don't want to buy it out at the end... I figure since the paint isn't faded alot since its only a year old it may be easier for them to blend the paint...
  11. E

other pics of my stupidity
  12. E

gotta love what life throws you sometimes. Monmix...would you guess it would/should be less than 300???
  13. E

the books are bought i was going to use the extra money i make from my side work to pay the books off my credit card ...just to stay ahead of the game. i never said i didn't have sufficent funds...just didn't end up working the way i wanted it to. momix heres a pic of the damage..don't count...
  14. E

anything around the area of 200 would be just perfect... i got this trying to help a buddy out with his computer....and then this happens.. WHYYY!!?!? the depth of it is enough to catch your finger nail on..thats about as much as detail as i can provide..i don't know a whole lot about body...
  15. E

sweet..i'll get some pics up tomorrow
  16. E

i'll see what i can do to get some pics..but its bad, but what i would expect in total bumper replacement bad...i'm hoping in the area of 200bucks bad.. i'm soo stupid...i needed my extra money to pay for this semesters books...:(
  17. E

ok i'm such a turd, i already know this.... i wasn't paying attention when backing out of my buddies drive way and i backed into his mailbox and address sign (reflective metal sign attached to his mailbox with his address numbers) Anyways now the bumper on the back of my 04 civic has about a...
  18. E

Stop and Go Traffic Issues

plugs and wires? fuel filter
  19. E

Ten Myths About Synthetic Oil

i'd also mention MYTH: If you switch to synthetic you can't switch back to regular dino oil. this is a myth as i see it.
  20. E

Ball Joints on 97 XLT

find another shop if you don't want to do it yourself. a local shop did my lower ball joints for around 70 a side. that included the ball joint. i had them throw my upper control arm on (i purchased for about 90 at auto parts store) for i think 40-50. so that was like 140. i
  21. E

Notice: 2004 recall

Not sure if this has been posted yet, i did a few searches but didn't find anything. http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20041123/ap_on_bi_ge/ford_repairs thats a big ooppps for putting the wrong tranny fluid in...OOOPPS just a heads up to you 04 drivers
  22. E

SOHC - Change spark plugs without pulling engine?

knuckle busting thats what your in for
  23. E

new here, need some info

i've seen work like this done, there is a "thing" in my town that has a car body on a truck frame.....i did a double take when i saw it the first time. not sure if what you speak of is possible but i know that i've seen something simliar done.
  24. E

When to change plugs?

i agree i did mine at about 58k and they weren't lookin too hot
  25. E

Solderless Breadboards...

soldering is easy....just takes a bit of pratice...and its sorta fun :)
Back