Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

Odd sound coming from the tranny

I think I have the same problem. Mostly at highway speeds at a stedy criuse. Sounds like rocks in a tin can or something. Let me know if you find something.
  2. G

93 surges and dies

I just checked the pos. cable and it's not worn throught but is very corrioded where the cable go to terminal so i'll try replacing that. By the way did you get one from ford or go to a parts store? thanks for the help, Matt
  3. G

93 surges and dies

Ok replaced the TPS and cleaned the MAF sensor 3 days ago and still runs the same! I'm about to give up on the problem. I think I might try testing/ replacing the EGR valve. Help me please. :shoot:
  4. G

91 X runnin like crap

I think all you need to change the FPR is a 8mm socket and ratchet, it's easy to do. Let me know if the FPR fixes your problem.
  5. G

97 5.0 spuddering well in drive

Do you know which vac hose it was? My Ex is kind of doing the same thing and I can't find the problem.
  6. G

93 surges and dies

It's been about 2 weeks since I replaced the fuel filter and fuel pressure regulator, I reset the computer and I think the surge is still as bad as before I did the work. I'm thinking about putting the old FPR bad since it didn't work and put the money towards other parts to try fixing the...
  7. G

93 surges and dies

I replaced the fuel filter and fuel pressure regulator today, it helped a little bit, but still surges? I checked fuel pressure before and after and both was 40psi key on , and 30 psi running. Any more sugggustions?
  8. G

93 surges and dies

I checked for codes but there are none. Checked KOEO and KOER codes. When I hook up a meter should I olny 5Amps all the time, What if I get more or less what would that mean?
  9. G

93 surges and dies

For the last year or so my 93 ex has been surging and some times stalls at start up and at stops. Now with the warmer weather I have the AC on at it does it all the time and worse than before. I have replaced the IAC valve, changed plugs,plug wires, o2 sensors , and cleaned the MAF. Nothing has...
  10. G

Dual fuel LPG conversion

try parnellusa.com or R & W supply
  11. G

lifters tapping badly

I have a ticking noise that I think is the injectors, but could it be the rocker arms?
  12. G

Programming Keys - A dealer ripoff!

The dealership is just going by the labor guide, which is a good thing. You siad it only takes the tech 5 min to program a key right, so you wha to pay for 5min of labor. Right? Well what if you get an idiot that doesn't know how to work the scan tool and it takes him 2hrs to program a key, Do...
  13. G

Should I change my coil pack?

Hey Big E my engine shakes like it has a mis. I cleaned the maf sensor, and plugs and wires are only a year old. any clues on what to check or do? thanks
  14. G

bogging down problem

Hey I've been having the same problem, and at idle the engine shakes like it' s missing but i can't find the problem. Also I have KKM intake and did a tune up about 6mo ago
  15. G

Stock 92 XLT Alignment question

xplorer101: hey I was just wondering how you like nashville diesel? I'm going to northwestern in ohio, and just wondering how nashville is.
  16. G

Air Condition Conversion

well to be legal you would have to take your x to a shop so they can recover the R-12. then to do it right you would need a new accumulator, high, and low pressure switches
  17. G

Who has the loudest system in their explorer?

2- 12" JL Audio 12w6's 1- memphis 1000D 1100Watt amp for subs 1- memphis 75x4 amp for mids and highs
  18. G

Q-logic kick panels F/S

I have a brand new pair of Q-logic kick panels for '91-'94 X. They are tan in color, new never install or cut for speaker opening. Nothing wrong just lost intrest in car audio. I payed $210.00 for them, asking $150.00 o.b.o pic Dead Link Removed
  19. G

anybody with 3.27's and 31's??

hey msupertek, If you still have those gears, how much would you want? I might be interested in them.
  20. G

Performance Mods

It's The Califonia Air Resource Board, you need it to pass Emission testing, unless you just put the factory airbox back on before the test
  21. G

Performance Mods

Since you live in Cali you may want the K&N since they have a C.A.R.B numer
  22. G

Spark plug wireing

I would put motorcrafts in it. Keep your Ford A Ford
  23. G

94 Sport is pinging --> Knock sensor questions

Hey heres somethings to check -Is your engine overheating -EGR Valve working -Check for vacuum leaks hope this helps
  24. G

Can you gas up while leaving your engine running?

On OBD-II X's you should shut-off before filling up because they record pressure in the tank, if you depressurize it while running, it could trip a hard fualt code and your check engine light will stay lit until you have the codes cleared
  25. G

exhaust improvement

I'm not for sure but since your X is OBD-II you sould have an 02 sensor before and after the cat. If you gut the cat the second 02 sensor will pick it up and the check engine will come on and engine might run poor.
Back