Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. X

Anyone know where my alt fuse is?

it a 1993 x
  2. X

Anyone know where the alt fuse is?

My truck is a 1993 2wd. The alt is putting out juice but its not getting to the battery. Seems to be the fuse.
  3. X

HELP! Charging System Problem

oh ya, the battery light is still on. thats one reason why i know there is a prob. i looked at the main box under the hood and its not there. is it maybe a in line fuse?
  4. X

it must be the fuse. it is powering the truck but not charging the battery. But where is it?
  5. X

I will go pick up a voltmeter today and try. When i rev the engine the guage inside doesnt do anything. They all have new voltage regulators on them. The thing that is really bugging me is that the battery should be dying pretty fast if the alt isnt giving any power, but its not. could the...
  6. X

lower, its on the N but it doesnt go lower, it almost seems like its powering the things i use but not sending power to the battery. That would explain why the alt bench tests ok but doesnt when you hook the tester to the terminals.
  7. X

The new alt came with a new regulator on it
  8. X

ABS kicks on right before i stop

Thanks Again! I dont know if you have heard of some running into this, if you have let me know. Ok I will start from the beginning, Last week my alternator started making noise so I figured it was going. Sure enough, yesterday the battery light turns on. I brought it to autozone and the said...
  9. X

Thanks Tim, At this point I'm just leaving the fuse out and unplugging the ABS Light.
  10. X

Ok I will start from the beginning, Last week my alternator started making noise so I figured it was going. Sure enough, yesterday the battery light turns on. I brought it to autozone and the said the alternator was shot, which made perfect sense. I bought a rebuilt 130amp to replace the...
  11. X

nope. the light was always off till i pulled the fuse
  12. X

ABS comes on right before i stop

my x is a 1993 E.B. 2wd with 4 wheel ABS. when i'm driving and hit my brakes the truck slows down fine but right before the truck stops the ABS kicks on. It's like 1 second before the truck stops.....it seems like the truck thinks i'm going 60mph and my brakes are about to lock, when i am really...
  13. X

my x is a 1993 E.B. 2wd. when i'm driving and hit my brakes the truck slows down fine but right before the truck stops the ABS kicks on. It's like 1 second before the truck stops.....it seems like the truck thinks i'm going 60mph and my brakes are about to lock, when i am really stopping at a...
  14. X

95 or 130 amps

My alternator just went in my 1993 ED 2wd and i dont know if its a 95 or 130 amp alternator. If it is 95 is it safe to upgrade to the 130?
Back