Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Josh

Manual hubs on craigslist

OK heading to the dump around 8.
  2. Josh

It came out of my 91. It had 225k on it when I pulled it. It was just tired. I swapped in a motor out of a 2000 Explorer. Its a 4.0 OHV. I also have a pair of rotors left over as well. Give me 20 bucks and I'll throw in an engine stand only used once.
  3. Josh

Oh ok. Motor looks good. Dont know if your looking for another motor to play with, but, I have one in the back of my truck that was sitting in the garage for a few years. Its going to the dump in the morning. If you want it you are welcome to it. Im selling my house and needed to get it out of...
  4. Josh

Hangin in there. Sorry I dont remember you. Its been quite a while since Ive been on here. Sold my truck a few years ago. It got worse gas mileage than my 7.3 F250.
  5. Josh

Dont know if anyone is looking, but, I saw this add. http://norfolk.craigslist.org/pts/3127840210.html
  6. Josh

First Gen 4.0 V6 long block & other parts free in Virginia

I have a long block sitting in my garage and would like it gone. You can even have the engine stand its on. It ran when I pulled it, but, its been sitting for quite a while. I have a bunch of misc crap as well sitting around for first and second gen explorers. I converted a 2nd gen 4.0 OHV to go...
  7. Josh

4.0 piston rings

I dont think you can pull the oil pan with out lifting the motor.
  8. Josh

Where are all the Virginia Explorers??

Would be easier and cheaper to just buy mine:D
  9. Josh

Yea thats how much mine was a few years ago. Auto zone has them in stock for 99 with a 30 dollar core charge. I would just go to the junkyard(U-pull-it) and get one. They have a 30 day warranty and are cheap. They usually have a bunch of explorers out there.
  10. Josh

I would replace that cable first. You can go to U-pull-it and get one for a few bucks. You can also take the starter to an auto parts store and they will test it. New, those starters are around 150. Just because you have power to your accessories doesnt mean everything is OK. The starter...
  11. Josh

I would replace that cable first. You can go to U-pull-it and get one for a few bucks. You can also take the starter to an auto parts store and they will test it. New, those starters are around 150.
  12. Josh

Check your cables. Make sure all the battery connections on the battery are clean. Go to the auto parts store and get a terminal cleaner and clean the posts on the battery and the connectors on the cables. The only way to get good at all things mechanical is to just do it. I didnt know anything...
  13. Josh

What are the symptoms? Are you jut getting a click every time you turn the key to start? I would try to manually start your truck from the starter and see if it turns over from there. I have seen many trucks suffer from the corroded cable problem. The cable looks fine on the outside but inside...
  14. Josh

Still have mine for sale if anybody is looking for a decent trail rig ready to go. Back towards the top of the page lists all of my mods and bolt ons. 2000 OBO
  15. Josh

:( Replaced everything... Still no charge

If you pull the pos off the battery while the truck is running and it dies, then I would say that the alt is bad. If you get no out put from the alt at the the terminal lug the it is bad.
  16. Josh

If the motor is running and you get no voltage off of the terminal lug then the alternator is bad.
  17. Josh

I dont remember the gauge, but I think it was about 3/8 in diameter. Just be careful moving things around without first verifying. A haynes manual should verify the wiring.
  18. Josh

Performance upgrades

Some have said that headers are only good with a turbo or SC. I got a pair of BBK ceramic headers for 275, so it was hard to pass up. As for ProM, I think they went out of buisness 5 or 6 years ago.
  19. Josh

I would think that if you run it straight to the battery you would be fine. I dont know why it would run to that solonoid. My 91 has what I believe is the same charging system.
  20. Josh

Did you check the output of the alt to see if the voltage is coming out of the alt via the cable between the alt and the battery? If you are not getting roughly 14 volts on that cable then your battery wont charge. Thats the one thing that charges the battery.
  21. Josh

Performance upgrades

I think without serious money, your kinda chasing a pipe dream. If you want a tuner, then get all the boltons first minus headers, then see if someone can do a custom tune utilizing all of the bolt ons. I have added the BBK throttle body, ProM MAF, BBK headers, Comp Cams 410 cam, I tried the...
  22. Josh

HHO: Is it alchemy? Or will it improve gas mileage on a ’99 4.0 SOHC Explorer?

:bsnicker::bsnicker: Sorry Im not smart enough to argue this one:confused: I was however thinking about the title of this thread. So I guess this is really the thread to argue about this. So maybe the HHO guys that are actively perusing this should start another thread to share ideas and not...
  23. Josh

Come on man, some of us are not highly educated such as you seem to be. we are doing just that, experimenting. We are trying to share ideas with the hopes of a solution SOME DAY. Once again nobody is selling anything! If people want to spend thier money on tinkering than that is not for you...
  24. Josh

OK, what part about limited resources, no test vehicle and experiment dont you understand? No test vehicle no system NO DYNO. I am not saying its going to work at all. I was trying to make a working to system. If it worked I would have reported my findings and invited someone to reproduce my...
  25. Josh

You are right and yes I am one of those people you so lovingly refer to. Hell even the people I used to e-mail dont answer anymore. If I had another 2k to buy me another test vehicle I would get back into it, but, I dont. If this thread makes you that upset then dont view it or get off your duff...
Back