Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

How many miles on your 3RD GEN! orig. tranny????

2003 Eddie Bauer 4WD, 71,000 miles and not one problem with the transmission.
  2. C

Cold weather strange engine noise

Yea -- I have an 03 Eddie Bauer 4WD and it's VERY loud this year. Last year I only had the issue when it was below 30 degrees F, and the same this year but it's much louder. It's the loudest when it's at the top of a gear change.
  3. C

Possible computer problem? (No speedometer, odometer, radio, etc.)

Well what do you know -- I disconnected the positive and negative battery terminals and checked a few of the major fuses under the hood and inside, everything was fine. I was fed up and was going to bring it in for someone to look at it but when I connected the battery back everything works again!
  4. C

Thanks for the reply! Yea, I'm going through currently and checking all of the fuses with the manual in hand. I'm really hoping this is it. Nothing at all was done different when this happened except for a trip the day before to my local dreaded Ford dealership for an oil change.
  5. C

Since I'm really trying to avoid going to the local Ford dealership with this I'm hoping I can find someone on here that had the same problem. Can it be possibly a fuse? Anyone with any advise on this? It really sucks not knowing your speed or fuel amount.
  6. C

Hi all -- kind of a serious issue here with my 2003 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4.0L V-6 4WD. First time this has every happened, I start it up and it's like the computer is not working at all. I have to manually turn on the lights, radio does not work at all, and all of the dashboard displays do...
  7. C

2003 Sport Wont Take Fuel

I have the standard Explorer and the same thing has happened to me once before too but it wasn't in the winter. I just kept clicking the trigger and it eventually filled up and it has yet to happen again since.
  8. C

Best place to get rain/window guards?

I have a 2003 Explorer and would like to get the complete set of rain/window guards for it but every place I go to seems to not sell it and online I can only find these generic stores that don't have pictures so I don't know if I can trust it. Where do you guys get yours?
  9. C

Reverse Sensing System (RSS) Issue

I have a 2003 Explorer Eddie Bauer with the reverse sensing system. The light on the switch inside now stays light all the time and does not work anymore. I tried to take off the back strip off the bumper but it doesn't look like that's the way it comes off (I tried a little bit of force but...
  10. C

2003 Rear window sprayer doesn't work

Any advice on what it could be or how I could go about fixing it? It's out of warranty so going to the dealership will be an arm and a leg I'm sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  11. C

2003 Running boards not flush anymore

I have a 2003 Explorer Eddie Bauer and the running boards are still very secure and do not move at all when standing or trying to jiggle them, but at the very ends of both of them they are down about half an inch from the bottom of the door, which is an eye sore. Now if I push hard up on it...
  12. C

2003 Rear window sprayer doesn't work

I have a 2003 Explorer Eddie Bauer and the rear window sprayer for the windshield wiper does not work anymore. It worked fine up until a month ago and now when I press the spray button it moves the wiper 3 times but nothing comes out. And yes, I checked the obvious of enough fluid (and the front...
Back