Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

AC trouble??

2. R

AC trouble??

No, I'm talking about the heater control valve under the hood that stops the flow of hot water when you are running the AC. Google it, they go bad and are fairly easy and cheap to fix. I'm getting ready to change one out now in a 2002 T-bird.
  3. R

AC trouble??

Check the control valve that turns on and flow to the heater core.
  4. R

2000-2010 Explorer Questions

Unfortunately 15 MPG is about all you can get with a 4x4 in the city, on hwy I get about 21, see 2008 explorer mpg - Google Search It is running good and I can live with it, and I have two other cars I can use, one a 97 Corvette, which gets great MPG by the way (about 26 hwy).
  5. R

2000-2010 Explorer Questions

I have had a 94, 2000, 04 and now an 08. All have been 6 cylinder XLT. I have bought all used cheap with about 90k miles on them and sold with about 180k. My 08 now has 182k miles, paid $5000 about 4 years ago. It runs and drives perfect, has been very reliable. I have done some normal...
  6. R

2006 Explorer fuel gauge

Try a can of techron to clean sending unit
  7. R

2008 AC Not Blowing Hard

Check out this video -
  8. R

mileage: reliability and major repairs ?

I have owned four different Explorers - a 94, 00, 04 and now a 08. All six cylinder, all XLT. I bought all with about 70 to 90k mileage and drove till about 150 to 180k. My 08 that I bought about 3 years ago now has 174k so will be looking at a newer one in the next year or so. All have been...
  9. R

Is This The Truck For Me?

I watch the Clearwater Bch police drive their Explorers out on the beach all the time, very soft sand, with no problems.
  10. R

Roof Rack Removal

No problem with me, but on the three different Explorers I worked on they all leaked into the inside roof panel and came out no where near where the problem was, the sunroof vents and or the windshield. In your case I still think it is either your sunroof or drain vents, but let us know how it...
  11. R

Roof Rack Removal

It's probably not your roof rack leaking. In my experience, most leaks come from sun roof drains being plugged up or from leaking seal on front windshield or seals around doors.
  12. R

How long can it last?

I'm on my forth Explorer in the last 20+ years, all have been 4.0 XLT's that I bought used. My first was a 94 which I sold at 130k, second was a 00 sold at 170k, third was an 04 sold at 140k and now on my forth which is an 08 with 174k miles on it now. All were very dependable with minimum problems.
  13. R

About to buy a 2006 Explorer Limited

Price is way too high, worth maybe $7000.
  14. R

2010 explore roaring sound

Sounds like either wheel bearings or tires. You can try to rotate tires to eliminate those, then go from there.
  15. R

Jerks when accelerating and red battery light comes on intermittently

I had similar problems, it is most likely either your TPS or alternator. In my case the alternator output appeared ok but was not steady, would spike out too high and threw everything off. When changed out fixed everything.
  16. R

2007 Explorer: is it new enough to be reliable?

I have owned a 94, 00, 04 and now a 08 Explorer. All have had 6 cylinders and have been very dependable for me. I usually buy used at about 90k miles and sell them by the time they hit 180k. The last one I sold to my brother in law and he went 230k before any problems. Of course there are no...
  17. R

gas guage acting up

Dirty sender, try a can of techron.
  18. R

P2195 and P0108 rough Idling - Ford explorer 2006

I have found that most of the time a rough idle is from either a vacuum leak or bad coil. There are other reasons of course (plugs, plug wires, sensors, dirty MAF, ect), but you may want to check these two first.
  19. R

Buying advice 2010 Explorer

This sounds like almost the exact same deal I got on my 08 XLT two years ago. It was owned by an insurance company, fleet maintained, 6 cylinder. Had about 149k miles on it and got it for $4400. Not exactly sure of what all work had been done on it, but was extremely clean. From past experience...
  20. R

Reliable?

I've owned a 94, 00, 04, and now a 08 Explorer. All have been V6 auto, mostly XLT, and have driven all for 150k+ miles with very few problems, that's why I keep buying more. In fact, the 08 I have now has 175k miles on it and still runs and drives perfect, quiet and smooth. I did not buy these...
  21. R

Excessive road noise

Most likely front wheel bearings, very common issue but easy and fairly inexpensive to replace. The other thing could simply be the tires, I usually rotate mine front to rear every other oil change.
  22. R

Can not decide New Member Needs Help

I've owned four different Explorers - a1994, 2000, 2004 and now a 2008. All have been the V6 auto. I have driven all well over 150k before selling and have never had any problem with engines or transmissions. In fact I sold the 2000 to a friend and he has about 230k on it now and still going. I...
  23. R

Life expectancy for 4.0 SOHC

I'm on my fourth V6 Explorer, 94, 00, 04 and now a 08, never had any real problems with any of them. All had well over 150k when sold. The 08 I have now has 174k on it, was fleet maintained, runs and drives perfect although gas mileage is bad (14mpg).
  24. R

Fog lights won't work

Not trying to be a smartass or anything, but you do realize that you have to turn the headlights on first then pull switch out to turn on foglights.
  25. R

Need help dont know what is wrong

Go to an auto parts store or garage and have them read the codes.
Back