Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

Tranny Additive vs Synthetic

It has about 73,000 miles. Thanks.
  2. L

That price quote was from Aamco. Does anyone know of a shop in Chicago that works on Mountaineers?
  3. L

I have a 2002 Mountaineer with the dreaded shudder while shifting from 3rd to 4th. Couple of questions: It seems like it got very noticable after I had new tires put on although they were the same size as stock (245 70 16). I am thinking of trying synthetic tranny fluid since some of the posts...
  4. L

Keypad on drivers door

I found that using a shiny metal kitchen spatula worked well because of the natural bend of the handle.
  5. L

02 4x4 V8 Eddie Bauer Jerking in Drivetrain

Hey Walt, I just experienced the same thing ...I think. I replaced the Goodyear Fortera HL's with Triple Treads and on the way home I noticed the shudder during upshifts. I have been reading the forums about tranny problems concerning synthetic fluids,etc, but it seemed to me that it started...
  6. L

02 power seat problem

I had the same problem after a carwash vacum. There are two long turnscrews that actually move the sext back and forth. One side was stuck so I used a needle nosed lockjaw pliers to loosen it at the bolthead while a friend hit the control and it is fine now.
Back