Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Bon Voyage

Yeah, all the way from the People's Republic of Tennessee. Did ya know the car in America with the highest American content is the Toyota Camry? The globe is shrinking my friend, and we can either accept that inevitability or be brushed aside regardless of how right we think we are by not...
  2. S

Bon Voyage

...not the end, merely a transition stage :D
  3. S

Bon Voyage

Well I sold the Exploder yesterday. $1500 for it will help pay for the new truck [/IMG] Yup it's a 4X4 and it came with factory bed liner, spray in type and cargo rail with moveable tie down cleats system. Pretty slick, I think I'm gonna like it. Having had 2 gen 1 'sploders now, and...
  4. S

Loss of Braking

No fluid loss, easy to see I had the line to the rear go south. Front brakes still worked but the pedal went way down before working. I had the master cylinder go in a Montego I had, the O ring was letting fluid past. It would work if you let off the pedal completely after braking, but...
  5. S

Explorer 'vert

Check out this hunter's special :shoot: http://haxadecimal.com/nucleus/media/1/20060525-4643649273.jpg
  6. S

Poweer Window and Door Lock Switches

My switches all work and the windows go up and down at lightening speed, but the rear door switches refuse to stay in the armrests. They are always poking up out of their hole :scratch:
  7. S

Pinging noise in engine, 1993 Explorer, 4WD

Tried mid-grade gas instead of regular?
  8. S

Squeek, Squeek, Squeek

I had a squeak on my '93. Changed the belt for a Gates and 3+ years no squeak. :thumbsup:
  9. S

no start after wreck?

Ya might want to look for another sploder less sploded so you can transfer the good parts you have left from the sploded sploder. Probably be a lot less work in the long run.
  10. S

Axle shaft!?!

Side to side? Maybe a bad axle mounting point, shock, spring or shackle? Just a guess but it sounds like you covered all the vertical/out of balance possibilities.
  11. S

Another auto hub question.

Anime hits the nail on the head, get the grease out of the hubs it's not supposed to be there at all. :thumbsup: Wood 1, awesome compilation of threads. That answers the question, and many others besides. :thumbsup: Great work guys!
  12. S

Another auto hub question.

so when you spin the front drive shaft the axle shafts turn but not the wheel/spindle?
  13. S

Location of a 1992 Ford Explorer 4 door transfer case electronic control module.

First suspect would be the dash mounted switch, no lights+no action=bad switch methinks. Can probably get one at the boneyard for a few sheckles, but check for current to the switch first. If power is getting there but not activating switch, it's probably the switch.
  14. S

4x4 not working

:thumbsup: WTG
  15. S

4x4 not working

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=109 try here
  16. S

4x4 not working

May not be the hub. Does the indicator light up? Can you hear the actuator trying to engage?
  17. S

rear wiper is going wacko

Mine will go half wipe, then rest at the left side of the window and when it's good and ready it will go back to the right (park) position. Then it may go back and forth for a few sweeps, or not. I just don't bother using it any more, I drive forward most of the time anyway ;).
  18. S

How to stop a thief? (kinda long)

LOL I like the Exploder flame thrower option :thumbsup: As suggested a pit bull, rottweiler, doberman or the like will not only scare the crap out of them but chase them down and administer some street justice too :bsnicker:
  19. S

What are these connectors?

Quick at the Haynes book doesn't show any wiring those colours. The images that are too big aren't there any more? Can you repost them?
  20. S

Possible Stuck Valves - Old Farmers Trick?

I've used diesel. Drain the crankcase of the warmed up engine, add diesel to crankcase and idle for about 5 minutes. Drain the diesel, it will be extremely black, remove the old filter & pop on a new one, refill the crankcase with your regular oil and voila, you're done. Don't forget to let...
  21. S

93 4.0 expo rough idle power loss ((PLEASE HELP))

Have you checked for vacuum leaks or loose lines?
  22. S

hay guys and gals

Welcome from the left coast :chug:
  23. S

Need help

are the wires on the OE unit labelled on the unit side of the plug?
  24. S

Premature cancellation

Does anyone know how to get the turn signal cancel to cancel a little further around the column? It cancels at the slightest turn of the wheel, like moving into the left turn lane with the signal going it will cancel so I have to reactivate for the actual left turn. Does it both directions...
  25. S

Should I trade my 2nd gen for 1st gen?

Have you considered a Citroen 2CV? Loads of room, even more if you slide open the roof, and great gas mileage too. ;)
Back