Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 4

'00 5.0 : Vss, oss, abs, question

I have a pressure bleeder, that's how I got it before. But it still took forever...
  2. 4

Solved: Abs module is bad. I used an oscilloscope to verify sensor signal to abs module, and that no signal being output. Fairly confident then I swapped in the original one from the ranger and it works. Now I've gotta bleed it out again. I guess I need to look into this brake bleeding tool...
  3. 4

@CDW The abs module is from the explorer, I have not tried another one. I was hoping not to bleed the brakes again, I had trouble getting the pedal back last time. Unless the module can be removed from the pump?
  4. 4

All wiring and components are explorer not ranger. With live data scanner I see an accurate speed signal at the pcm, could this be read from the oss? Or does this confirm that the vss signal from the abs module is working correctly?
  5. 4

All wiring and components are from the explorer, yes rear diff sensor from the explorer
  6. 4

I engine swapped my ranger using a 2000 explorer 5.0. All wire harness and components are from explorer. The speedo and cruise are not working now and it shifts hard AF, all was good prior to removing stuff from the explorer. The abs does work so I would assume the rear sensor is functioning...
  7. 4

Superlift camber help

Perhaps a bent spindle... I had a 2000 sport, I bent the spindle on a curb, light hit. It made my camber negative beyond the limit.
  8. 4

Aftermarket options for primary tensioner?

Follow up 3 years later Well three years, and 30,000 miles later the engine is still together but really noisy again and I'm sick of it again... So I replaced the primary set and again it shut right up. nice and quiet, I doubt it will last any better than before but Fu(k it, I'll try. I'll...
  9. 4

Serious Issue I Think

Well, I found my problem today. I was searching around here today and came upon this thread: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2898548#post2898548 after reading that I checked mine and sure enough, the capacitors were fried in the ecm. $0.45 to fix.... if you can solder...
  10. 4

Strange problem, possible bad MAF

Thanks! I checked my ecm today after three weeks of headache (93 ranger) sure enough, bad capacitors!one was completely poped another leaking. Information like this is the reason Forums were made; and people like you, who actually follow through and post your fix are the key to everyone's...
  11. 4

PCM bent pin 26

Have you cleaned the MAF? buildup causes lean mixture. cheap to try.
  12. 4

94 Explorer help. Possible fried PCM or Cam sensor

Test it Get out your hanes manual and go to the scematics and check Power because. if you have no injector power than all else is irrelivant. +12v with the ignition on, computer grounds to "fire" injector. I agree you should always start by testing rather than replacing. ...Then move to...
  13. 4

Serious Issue I Think

Mystery Explore Death Syndrome? :scratch: I am currently battling a VERY similar issue on my 93 ranger, I have Identified the problem as the injectors pulse width not changing from idle. I have tested and/or replaced EVERY sensor with no resolve. I am going to try a junkyard ECM but I am not...
  14. 4

PLEASE HELP!! 4.0L Too Lean Problems

cyl misfire its skipping, thats the vibration, check spark plugs and wires. and that gives codes for too lean also.
  15. 4

94 Ranger with a clunk in the rear.

You may try re-tourqing the pinion bearing
  16. 4

New upper/lower balljoints; tie rod ends, still loose over bumps. Suggestions?

sway links its probably the other sway link if its an oem change it, the bushings are hard and will clunk with a little wear.
  17. 4

Different bell housings?

oh well sounds like the bearing between the input and output shafts is siezed, you should be able to build up a good trans with the parts from your other the guts are the same as far as I know. its actually a fairly easy trans to rebuild the only pain in the a$$ is the output bearing. I had to...
  18. 4

Different bell housings?

oh another miss!! I guess both of us missed the part of it being a standard trans.:confused: Yea, two things I have known to happen with the m5r1, the 3-4 shift fork (at the gears not at the selector) can break leaving it in what ever gear it was forced into. and I've seen the input...
  19. 4

Different bell housings?

I missed the year, my bad:confused:
  20. 4

Different bell housings?

it may but wont hold up if it does the 3.0 trannies were like the 4cyl's very weak, tq converter different too (inside), I wouldnt waste the time 4.0 will just shred it.....if it works at all.
  21. 4

Power Steering Shudder and Other Problems

blowing bubbles! anytime you open the system or turn the wheel without it running this happens, its just air trapped in the rack. with it running cycle the wheel lock to lock several times it should clear fairly quick.
  22. 4

O2/ Cat converter

3, one on each bank before cat and 1 after cat. v8s have 4
  23. 4

O2/ Cat converter

you can get a false p0420 if an o2 sensor is bad, I would, in your case, replace bank 1 sensor 1 and the downstream sensor.
  24. 4

front end problem

need pics to know, but likely tie rod
  25. 4

Flex Plate Broke

you may want to test fit the flexplate to the tq converter before installing it, make sure the nose of the tq converter seats into the spacer correctly before reinstalling it. if it does not slip right in, all the way it will cause this just a tip, when tightening the tq conv. bolts, run...
Back