Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

Tinted

In GA it's 35% in the driver and passenger doors and anything goes for the others... I have 20% on my front windows and 5% in the back. The 5% has saved me from a couple of extra seatbelt tickets and the ladies enjoy the privacy. You can't get caught if they can't see you!
  2. P

Explorer 1; Deer 0

by the look of the cow's ear a farmer has one less four-legged profit.
  3. P

Explorer 1; Deer 0

Yeah, my paint sucks but I'm in college and I can't really afford a decent paint job right now. I guess I'm going to need one now cause the two tone look that you get when you pull parts off another vechile just doesn't do it for me... there goes my beer money!
  4. P

Explorer 1; Deer 0

Last night while driving home from a friend's a deer jumped out of the woods as I was passing... Needless to say the deer is dead and my explorer is damaged. I can't open my passenger side door and my bumper is flattened in the front. Anyone else feel my pain?
  5. P

How to: Running Seafoam through Vacuum (91-94 Explorers with Pictures)

Very nice write up! I'll try mine through that line next time... Thanks for the info.
  6. P

Fuel additives for performance and gas mileage

I've done some serious research on the Acetone. From looking a the elemental structure of Acetone and Gasoline, you can see where you'd be able to mix the two. Acetone is suppose to cause the gasoline to vaporize quicker. We all know that liquid gasoline doesn't burn it's the vapor that ignites...
  7. P

What do you think?

Other than the speaker causing the tweeter to vibrate and it not being seperated for better sound. It's an interesting look. Points for style but not too functional.
  8. P

Brake Fluid

Wow... I wasn't expecting such great details and advice! Thank you all for your help and I'll be doing that this Saturday morning before I go partying at UGA that night. Thanks again!
  9. P

manual tranny filter system??

So the best thing I can do for a manual tranny is change the fluid to synthetic... Less friction, less wear. Other than that, the tranny will survive on it's own? What about a larger oil pan?... I know, LEAVE IT ALONE!
  10. P

manual tranny filter system??

I was wondering the same thing... But I think the skill needed to do that is far beyond my abilities. I'd love to know how though. And what about additional cooling? A cold tranny can't hurt.
  11. P

Brake Fluid

How much fluid is in our systems... wait I can answer that with a Haynes manual. Anyone have any tips on how to do the job easier and better?
  12. P

Brake Fluid

I guess that settles it. I'll be bleeding the brake next weekend... only because it's supppose to rain all day tomorrow.
  13. P

Brake Fluid

But my brake lines and calipers will be okay? I guess what I'm asking is the coloration indicate any damage to my braking system?
  14. P

Brake Fluid

While I was changing my oil today, I checked my brake fluid. I inspected the color and noticed that it was as dark (and almost as thick) as oil coming out of my engine... I'm no expert but I'm guessing that the color is from years of corrision and rust. I took the top off a spray bottle and...
  15. P

cold air intakes

Yeah, I have read the CFM studies before. They argue that a drop in filter is as efficient as a cone. But the idea of a dirty drop in vs. a dirty cone makes sense. I didn't want to get into the off roading issue because who's going to use true CAI in a off road rig? I was sticking to that topic...
  16. P

cold air intakes

But regardless of surface area the engine is only going to draw a certain amount of air. You could have a trash can size filter and it will only perform as much as the engine will allow. Has anyone seen or tested the "bang for the buck" difference between KKM and a drop in K&N filter? I'm sure...
  17. P

cold air intakes

So all this about "warm air intake" is bogus. Just run an high flow filter and be done with it... Why spend $100 or more on a conical filter and intake tubing when you can spend $40 on a K&N at Advanced. I do think that the billet grills for the 1st gen would help with the Ambient Temp.
  18. P

cold air intakes

Why hasn't anyone relocated the battery and ran the intake from right behind the headlight. Also, if you use a billet grill that is more open than the stock grill won't that be pulling cold air from the front of the vechile? Put the filter at an angle to prevent water from traveling up it and...
  19. P

Pacesetter Exhaust

Thanks for the advice, I took a look and the space is pretty tight for dual output. It's possible but it will rub. Plus I've been trying to figure out how to weld the inside of the dual output... I would probably end up with a leak so this is a wasted effort. I didn't know that about pacesetter...
  20. P

Pacesetter Exhaust

I'm not really looking for the headers. I just want the cat-back system. I can't weld, so I'd need to get a case of beer to pay a friend to put any system in. I think I'm going to buy the exhaust for the 4 door and Modify it to fix the 2 door. Anyone got any advice on this? Anyone in Ga want to...
  21. P

Pacesetter Exhaust

I want to put on the Pacesetter TFX exhaust system but they don't make it for the 2 door. Has anyone put Pacesetters on their X? Has anyone modded the system to fit the 2 door?
  22. P

I need a quick answer

Thanks. I'll ask the guy if I can get the tracks. It shouldn't be too hard to run power to the seat.
  23. P

I need a quick answer

Will seats from a 99 ranger bolt into a 92 explorer? I've found a pair that match my interior and the guy only want $20 for them! I just want to know if I can bolt them up?
  24. P

Mixing Full syn with Dino oil???

Any suggestions of a good quality oil filter?
  25. P

Upgraded Brakes

Does the 95 ranger knuckle bolt right up or is there more to it?
Back