Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

How to: Just another DIY lift video 2nd Gen

I put together a video of my experience lifting my Explorer. Everyone on here knows how but thought I would post.
  2. S

BW 4404 AWD transfer case "How it performs" B5000 Race Reports

I finally got my truck out on the ice. I wanted to start a discussion about the BW 4404 AWD transfer case and how it performs in a race situation. Link to the truck 98 Mazda B5000 race report Link to a good writeup on the 4404 School Me (and you?!) On Viscous Couplings (BW4404)
  3. S

98 Mazda B5000 race report

I built this truck to fulfill a longtime "in my mind" project. I have a build thread that I will keep all info on the build but I wanted to record the suspension setup and race results in a separate thread. Link to build Starkman's Rally Ranger now B5000
  4. S

Starkman's 1998 Sport

I'm an "Elite" so here is my first entry. I've been building a Ranger but like all projects they seem to take longer than planned. So the ice racing season is approaching and I want to race and I've taken my daily driver Explorer to a point where it is better off road than on the ice. So, I...
  5. S

Starkman's Rally Ranger now B5000

I've been dreaming about this project for a long time. The spark started when I took my Explorer ice racing. I entered my Explorer in a class that was mostly, well all all-wheel drive cars. A few WRX a Mistubishi Evo 8, and a very fast Audi RS4. I had fun but the Ex is no all-wheel drive car. So...
  6. S

4404 AWD operation during decel?

My question is does the viscous coupler disengage under deceleration? I read all the good write ups on how the 4404 transfer case works and how to rebuild and from that info I would guess it does but wonder if anyone has any experience with that. The reason I'm asking is I'm building a...
  7. S

Increase power steering boost?

I've been searching but can't seem to find a thread. Has anyone found a way to increase the amount of boost in the stock steering rack? Many times have I been in the rocks and at idle needed just a little more boost to turn where I need to. Any suggestions? I'm running 33" tires in a 2000...
  8. S

2004 Ranger front diff - 2000 Explorer do they swap

I've found a good deal on a front diff from a 2004 Ranger with 4:10 gears. I want to put it in my 2000 Explorer. My question is does if swap?
  9. S

5.0 V8 Explorer/Mountaineer offroad undercarriage clearance

OK, I'm building my 2000 V8 Explorer for a camping and trail rig but it will never be a rock crawler. But I will take it on some pretty difficult trails in Colorado and Utah. My question is does anyone have issues with the exhaust as it hangs down below the frame under the engine. And did...
  10. S

Starkman's Explorer build thread

First off I want to thank everyone who posts their experiences and builds on this forum. I read and use them often. So, I thought I would add a thread with my project and maybe someone else can use me as help.
  11. S

5.0 Exhaust offroad?

OK, I've just finished the normal first stage mods to make my Explorer offroad ready. When I look at the exhaust hanging down lower than the frame, specifically the cats, I just see them smashed the first rock I go over. Is this really a problem? If so has anyone added skidplates to address...
  12. S

2000 Explorer Limited

Hey guys, I have a deal to trade my 2000 Mustang GT for a 2000 Explorer Limited AWD 5.0 with 90K miles. I don't know much about them but thought I would ask the experts. What is good and bad about them. I will be using this for a daily driver but may want to do some mods for a little offroad...
Back