Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

v-8 70mm Throttle body Install-working out the bugs

Help with 97 5.0l TPS/Throttle Body Pairing What I have: 1. 97 5.0L AWD: rebuilt from the ground up (literally) 2. 94/95 Mustang 75mm BBK throttle body (no TPS, well, i do have the factory 97 explorer TPS that doesn't fit this throttle body) Do I purchase the 94/95 Mustang TPS? And...
  2. K

Greetings from Ohio

Welcome. I work in Groveport and live in Lancaster, Ohio. I've also heard Grove City being called Groovy City. Lots of good info on these boards and some amazing knowledge to be sponged. I know I've done my share. Kurt
  3. K

200,000 Miles

Congrats! I'm at 234,000 and still going strong with the original engine and transmission.
  4. K

How many miles??

232,000 on my 1997 5.0L AWD XLT. It has the original motor and transmission and still runs very well. I have been running Mobil 1 Synthetic for all of the first 200,000 miles and Amsoil Synthetic for the remaining 32,000 miles. I keep wondering myself when I will be needing a rebuild. So far...
  5. K

Rear spoiler

I am in the process of making this one from the instructions I got from a friend from Making a Wing
  6. K

Tranny life?

I have 1997 5.0L AWD. I'm at 223,000 with the original motor and transmission. It's still going strong with no problems. I've done regular filter and fluid maintenance for both the motor and transmission using Amsoil products. Kurt
  7. K

95-97 Rear wiper removal

I have a 1997 four door and I couldn't figure out how to take the rear wiper off to paint it. So I taped everything around it and painted it while on the truck. I am curious if it's fixed on the truck or if it can be removed. I hoping for some trick to remove it. Thanks for opening up this...
  8. K

Clay bar

I just tried claybar about two weeks ago and loved it. I read about it on here and my neighbor raved about it. It's so easy to use and it's like magic getting the dirt out of the paint and making it baby smooth. I love the stuff.
  9. K

Do I need an alternator or battery?

I can only speak for how my 1997 5.0L tensioner pulley looks since I don't know if yours is set up similarly. The tensioner pulley on my vehicle is on the passenger side just above a grooved idler pulley. You access the tensioner pulley from below. I used a 15mm ratchet. It is threaded...
  10. K

hello from ohio...

Welcome. Is Lakewood in the Cleveland area? Lancaster, OH here. Kurt
  11. K

Code 141 & How many O2 sensors in '96 5.0?

You have four O2 sensors just like IMNOTTED said. Bank 1 is the passenger side (Auto Zone employees commonly get this wrong by the way). The passenger side 02 sensors can be a challenge to replace with the connectors in tight areas that require longer pliers or picks. After laying on the...
  12. K

200,000 Miles!!!!

Congrats! I know how good that feels. I was so proud of hitting 200,000 last year.
  13. K

Bucket Seats!

I have been thinking about doing this for a while too. Looks great and can't wait to copy your work! Kurt
  14. K

Dark instrument panel

You may already be thinking to replace all the bulbs (total of 8 194's). I highly recommend replacing all of them so you don't have to take apart the dash again in the near future. Kurt
  15. K

96 XLT Dash Lights

I just replaced all 8 of the 194 bulbs in my dash (including the two behind the climate control below the radio). It was fairly easy and took about 1 1/2 hours to do. Phillips screwdriver and 7mm and 8mm sockets were about all you need from what I remember. The thread referenced above is what...
  16. K

O2 Sensor

Bank 1 is on the passenger side.
  17. K

O2 Sensor

Bank 1 is on the passenger side. I've had idiots at AutoZone swear that the driver's side is Bank 1 but don't believe it. The passenger side is Bank 1.
  18. K

Roll call

Lancaster, OH (home of William Tecumseh Sherman).
  19. K

Roll call

Lancaster, OH (Home of William Tecumseh Sherman).
  20. K

question about custom grill...

Photo of my CobraXP Facia and my custom grille I hope this link works Mylo. Let me know if you can't see it and I'll email it to you.
  21. K

Sure Mylo, I have to retrieve my digital camera from my daughter today and I'll get some taken in the daylight tomorrow and post them. It's painted in white sandable primer at the moment but still looks very good. Kurt
  22. K

I peeled the chrome off of my stock 1997 grille, cut out the vertical pillars, patched with fiberglass, filled with bondo, sanded and painted it. It was a lot of work, but I had the time and patience. Total cost about $20 for fiberglass and bondo and several hours of work. Kurt
  23. K

Need advice before teardown

leak around the header possibly? I had something very close to what you describe and found the last header bolt on the passenger side was loose. Kurt
  24. K

Spare tire hoist

I replaced my spare tire hoist (1997 Explorer XLT AWD 5.0L) two years ago. It was VERY easy. I got my hoist at the Ford dealer. I can't remember the price but it was around $70 I think. Honestly, I don't really remember the price but I do remember saying to myself "that's a little more than...
  25. K

Upper Intake Removal (to install heat spacer)

Thanks Mountaineergree. I really appreciate it. Good luck with your project. Thanks for everyone else for their input too. I appreciate it. Kurt
Back