Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Strange Test from message center

Same problem with 04 Limited V8 4WD. Went thru same steps about the TEST, vibration and sweeping of gages, hitting the reset button through the test, saw diagnostic code 9352. In my case, dead battery had occurred with temps overnight in the teens. Vehicle sat in driveway for 12 hours. Jump...
  2. R

SOHC Water Pump install

Hey fellows - Installing MOT brand water pump in my SOHC which came with a metal gasket. The gasket has a raised surface running around the middle. Has anyone experieced using this type of gasket, does it get sealed with RTV sealant both sides? Thanks.
  3. R

Front Shocks: Stock Air Ride. (Yes, I've Searched...)

Some of us buy a set of spares. If you look at a manufacturers policy of spares on hand for 10 years from end of production, then buying some for the future might make sense. I look at it as if you wish to keep the automatic ride control (ARC) stock then buy the spares when available or go to...
  4. R

Front Shocks: Stock Air Ride. (Yes, I've Searched...)

Cranmaro 99, per your statement: I was going to get new OEM replacement leafs for the back and get some new monroe air shock replacements. I believe monroe is the only company that makes direct replacement shocks anyways. Suggest you search ebay for the following: "Ford OEM Rear Air Shocks...
  5. R

How do I know which 6 cyl engine I have?

If you use the Goggle Custom search at the top of this site and insert "VIN Decoding" it will list Ntrprize's page (www.explorerforum.com/ntrprize/VIN.htm) for decoding Explorer, Ranger, Bronco II VINs. Your 8th digit is a "X" so it is a OHV engine. The "X" identifies your engine type when...
  6. R

Rear 3rd shock?

Ordered the two front Bilsteins to go with the stock rear load leveling system. Replaced both rears with new surplus stock air shock units that are available out of Canada. The new rears have the Ford part number stamped on them (not repackaged aftermarket brand as some have mentioned in other...
  7. R

98 sohc headers

Look under 2000StreetRod's "TM's for a sohc 4.0" of 11/19/2009 12:58PM" in which a link is availble to the two manufacturers of 1997-2001 SOHC bolt on headers. The JBA1674link sends you to the ebay site where currently headers are available.
  8. R

Lower Control Arm Removal

Thanks, techieman33 for CDW6212R's advice to rizzjc thread "New Front End Coming Soon". I too am rebuilding the front end, ordered the same lower arms from Rock Auto. uppers from Ebay. Couldn't wait to get all the parts at the same time, the new ball joints in the original lower arms were...
  9. R

Lower Control Arm Removal

Looking to replace my 2000x lower contrl arms as the ball joint drops in without being pressed into place.:( I've checked the threads that discuss the R&R of 1995+ Fron Chassis components but can't find the procedure that talks about the torsion arms and how to release the tension. The factory...
  10. R

Another Lower Ball Joint Problem

Ok , read all the messsages about changing the LBJs as well as as many Tech Tips I could find. Printed out the pictures (MountaineerGreen's) great write. Bought one of those canadian kits off ebay (w/zerks) and got a Moog LBJ from Rockauto :thumbsup:; used the OEM ball joint press that can be...
Back