Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Drive slow to engage when cold

Ford has seen fit to make sure there is no dipstick. I'll crawl underneath and check the fluid once I figure out how to do that. Ed
  2. S

Drive slow to engage when cold

OK, I have spent some time searching for this problem, and have found some answers but thought I'd see if anyone here has successfully solved a similar problem. Our 2002 Explorer V6 has difficulty engaging gears when it's cold. When you shift into drive it takes a few seconds for it to...
  3. S

New rear strut assemblies = 4" lift??

Awesome. Thank you!:salute:
  4. S

Rear wheel bearings noise or axle - problem solved

Yup, seems like it's either bearings, struts/springs, or a whiney rear diff. At least one is easy to live with.
  5. S

Ungodly squeak on the drivers side

Can you splain this any more for us? Drivetrain squeak? Suspension? Need a little more specific information to cipher this one.
  6. S

so anyway, could someone go out with a tape measure and give me the dimensions from the ground to the top of the wheel arch in their exploder? If someone could do that for me that would be great.
  7. S

Help needed in replacing 2002 Rear shocks

It does seem considerably higher. Just measuring the wheel arches to the ground, I measure 36" at the rear, 32 1/4" at the front. Didn't get a "before" measurement. I tried to see if there was any info on what the height was when the vehicle was new, but couldn't find much. My mechanic said...
  8. S

Help needed in replacing 2002 Rear shocks

Hey anyone here had any ride height issues after installing these rear struts?
  9. S

rear wheel bearing cost

We just had both rears changed in our explorer. The total parts was $294, and labor was about $238. I don't think the fronts should be more expensive, they simply bolt on, although it's a bit more difficult than simple.... $199 for pressing seems pretty high. An hour labor would be more like...
  10. S

Hello, I have been lurking around for a while, and have taken some advice that I've seen posted here. We have a 2002 Explorer Eddie Bauer, and today I took it in to have the rear wheel bearings replaced, and while they were at it, since I knew the rear springs were broken, I had my guys put in...
  11. S

Front Wheel Bearing Replacement

The noise we in our exploder is more of a low groaning noise, mostly noticable at low speeds. On the highway you can't hear it as much, but it is definitley still there. It gets louder when I turn to the left, which indicates to me it's a passenger side front bearing. Although I do think I will...
  12. S

Well I guess it was actually Jeremy who wrote up that procedure, not Ray. Sorry about that. I tried to replace the passenger side hub this afternoon, but had no luck with the three 15mm bolts that hold the hub onto the spindle. The axle prevents getting socket in there (only enough to break...
  13. S

Doh! All I needed to do was look in the tech section for the excellent article on how to change the front hub/bearing. Thank you Ray Lobato for that nice write-up.
  14. S

look what the dealer did to my Explorer!

That said, i wish all of my cars would be dropped off a lift somewhere. Oh well.
  15. S

look what the dealer did to my Explorer!

I am sure they have insurance for this sort of thing. It's only a car.
  16. S

Hi, I am a new member to the forum. Been lurking but this is my first post. I have a 2002 Ex Eddie Bauer 4WD that sounds like it's working on a bad front wheel bearing. Has anyone replaced one of these? I have been looking for a procedure and can't find much posted. I know, I should get a...
Back