Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

Ignition Control Module location?

Anybody know where the ignition control module is located in the 4 litres...i working with a 93 wiring harness and jsut realized i dont have the module. Where in a donor truck wound i find it and what years will work with the 93 harness? pics would be great!
  2. P

using 98 injectors on a 93??

im swapping in a 98 4.0 litre. Im using a 93 intake, heads, fuel rail, comp ect. Will the 98 injectors work with the 93 stuff? what is the different lbs?
  3. P

need wiring diagram to swap in 4.0 L

hmmm i really cant remember. This is a buddys rig. im not 100% sure what o2's he is using. So you think he should run the o2s off the 93? the 93s only have 1 and the 98 have 2 right? any other problems that he might run into?
  4. P

no ive got the harness and computer out of the 93. I took the intake from the 93 and put it on the 98. hopefully it all works. I got the 02s off the 98 tho.
  5. P

ive got a 90 ranger that im swapping in a 4L out of a 98. Its a OHV. I have a 4L wiring harness out of a 93 explorer with the intake to bolt onto the 98 4L. Anyone know where I can get a 90 ranger 2.9L wiring diagram and a 93 explorer 4L wiring digram? is the autozone one any good? thanks!
  6. P

Can i use 99 SOHC heads on a 98 OHC 4 L?

i got the motor with a ranger i bought. The previous owner had no idea the condition of the engine and only knew it was a 4 litre out of a 98. I have taken it all apart and noticed the head gasket was blown and one of the heads had a tiny crack in it. Other than that the engine looks good...
  7. P

damn! what heads will work? 95-99 OHV?
  8. P

oops...i meant will 99 SOHC fit into a 98 OHV motor.
  9. P

I need new heads and found from SOHC for a good price. I know they will bolt on but will they work? how will it affect compression?
  10. P

I need new heads and found from SOHC for a good price. I know they will bolt on but will they work? how will it affect compression?
  11. P

Back