Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Truck Haven MLK 2018

I miss that place. Keep the pics coming, please.
  2. J

Truck Haven MLK 2018

I was hoping to make this run but it's looking doubtful. Among other things two bolts suddenly broke on the Superlift torsion bar drop bracket last week. All while pulling into a grocery store. I fixed it but I am worried about all the other Superlift bolts so will be slowly replacing the others.
  3. J

Truck Haven MLK 2017 Jan 13 - 15

I am up for another weekend, though unfortunately in the Spring my weekends can be tough, but I will make it work if I can. If nothing sooner maybe shoot for around Easter, April 16?
  4. J

Chop, Cut, Rebuild: DB_1's Ranger...again

Sorry to hear this Dave, your truck has been a staple rig on the runs since I have been going and always fun to watch. Is there something major wrong with it right now, or just lots of little stuff? I would love to buy it but have to keep feeding my kids for now.
  5. J

How about President's Day weekend? February 18.
  6. J

I've done Miller Jeep a few times. It's a fun and scenic run but easily doable in a slightly modified rig so the SAS vehicles would be bored. There also are not any other fun trail options up that way. I would love to try Big Bear again but Truckhaven is more central for those coming from out...
  7. J

Too bad but makes sense. Weather forecast looked good out there. The extra time will give me time to tweak and fix a few more things I hope. I am flexible on the dates and will try and get the Friday off for whichever weekend is decided.
  8. J

Oh man. Sorry to hear so few (2 or 3?) can make it. Does it make sense to postpone the trip? No holiday weekends for awhile but maybe we can pick a weekend in the next couple of months for when more can make it out.
  9. J

I am in. Got all of the major problems with my truck worked out.
  10. J

Serious Explorations 20th anniversary video

Just saw this. Really enjoyed it. Thanks, Rick!
  11. J

I am working to make this trip Saturday and Sunday nights. I have several problems with the explorer, including a busted transmission band (likely rebuild needed), bad axles and tie rods that may keep away but I will see if I can get them all worked out next week.
  12. J

Truckhaven 20th Anniversary Run MLK Weekend Jan. 15-17

Maybe do the exact same thing tomorrow.
  13. J

Great pics. My son Nathan who came with me for the first time last year just saw the pics and said, "Dad, why didn't we skip my soccer game, I love truckhaven, all the people we know were there!"
  14. J

That mounted camera should give some great pics. Is that video? I am motivated to fix my stripped tie rods and get out there for the next trip. And clear the damn calendar
  15. J

Wish I was there. Lets see some trail pics!
  16. J

I was hoping to be able to make it out by Saturday morning but it is seeming more and more unlikely now. Try as I do to keep this weekend free it always seems to fill up. Have fun out there and be safe as always!
  17. J

Truck Haven Jan 16-18

Great trip as usual. Just too short as usual. Good to see some of the familiar faces but also met some new faces which is nice to see. The limit straps I installed worked too well, maybe I need longer ones. I didn't break a CV but I could really tell the difference of lost travel and...
  18. J

Truck Haven Jan 16-18

Sorry to hear that Zukman. Those pics make me jealous, Rick. Hoping to be there tomorrow evening.
  19. J

For Sale R.J.'s Navajo. 35's, Coilovers, Roll Cage (SoCal)

My brother is interested in your truck if it's still available. Let me know.
  20. J

Truck Haven Jan 16-18

I likely won't be there until early Saturday morning. Does anyone have suggestions for the best spot to buy firewood locally?
  21. J

Truck Haven Jan 16-18

At this point I am planning on going. Hopefully Friday night to Sunday morning. My truck is running OK and I only need to install limit straps to stop the all too frequent snapping CV axle.
  22. J

Truck Haven MLK 2014 Jan 18-20

Looks like a great trip with a good group and good weather. Sorry i had to miss it. Rick, the helicopter video looks great. And Brian congrats on getting the SAS done finally.
  23. J

Doesn't look good for me to make it this trip unfortunately. Hopefully there will be one more trip before summer that I can make. Have fun, be safe and take lots of pics all. And thanks for the congrats.
  24. J

I am trying to make it again this year but not sure yet if I can swing it. It will be a last minute decision. The wife had another baby girl on Nov 22 so we are playing catch-up with everything thing else since then. Good thing is that the explorer is all in one piece again.
  25. J

Truck Haven MLK '13 Photos and Video

Repair will likely be my first option. I just need to find someone around that knows what they're doing when welding. And yes going SAS would be ideal, but for the money I think I would rather repair my axle and buy something I can sleep in at Truckhaven besides a crummy tent. And yes, that's a...
Back