Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

V8 swap thread discussion

Has anyone put a 3 valve 4.6 into an older explorer, I have a 2001 sport track with a bad 4.0 the I'm debating between swapping in a good 4.0 and trying to get a 3valve 4.6 from 2006-2010 to run right. And talk to the instrument cluster, abs, stability systems etc.
  2. A

2001 Sport Trac outside temp incorrect reading

Given that its not stuck at -40 or +150 or something it could be corrosion or a bad ambient air sensor. I would pull the ambient air temperature sensor and inspect it and try a different/new one. Or if you have access to an IDS or Snapon Ethos or better scanner scan it.
  3. A

new to me truck, no owners manual

http://www.fleet.ford.com/partsandservice/owner-manuals/ if you don't feel the need to have a physical owners manual in this day and age you can get pretty much any ford manual for the last 20 years here.
  4. A

ok so I'm dropping the transmission...

the idea of going backwards and then forwards worked great, and just for info I got it off with the largest wrench that would fit, the ring side of course(cause everyone knows the square side is useless except for square bolts and when you can't find a flare nut wrench)
  5. A

ok thanks, I'll try a long extension and a swivel head ratchet.
  6. A

ok I'll see if I can borrow a massive ratchet and extension, from someone cause I only have a rather basic socket set.
  7. A

no it won't loosen at all.
  8. A

its an a4ld transmission its a 13 mm wrench and I tried a search.
  9. A

yeah its a 4.0 92 model year, I tried putting the bottom one in and have tried different lengths of wrenches but it just won't come out.
  10. A

and I can't get the top bolt holding the starter motor out, tips would be appreciated, as well as possible problems with removing the tranny with the starter still attached.
Back