Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

Need Help Fast!!!

I partly did the brown wire mod. I unplugged the wire out of the plugin instead of cutting the wire but the info I had saved on what hole the wire came out of I lost. SO could someone post a pic of which plugin it goes in & which hole or a diagram... Thanks
  2. H

All you need to know about keyless entry

thanks for the reply...have looked can't even find a plug in for it...have took the door cover off to see if the keypad was plugged in or if they might of put on a replacement door,everythings plugged in...is there anywhere else the rad could be or is that the only place they put in on a 96??
  3. H

All you need to know about keyless entry

96 with keypad entry without a rad?? is it possible for a 96 explorer to have a keypad entry with power locks,windows to not have a rad?..have looked everywhere in the back that was suggested no luck
  4. H

96 Keyless Entry Help!!

My question is can one come with keyless entry pad & not a RAD module, & if not where could it be at?..I just bought a 96 xlt a few months ago.Trying to get things lined out on it. It has the keyless entry pad on the door, it didn't come with a key fob & can't find the RAP module on either side...
  5. H

black smoke

sorry about taking so long to get back to ya'll but I've had a few fires this week so I've been a lil busy....ok heres what I've done so far I've replaced the MAF sensor, cleaned my IAC sensor,checked my hoses. I've also done a KOEO & a KOER test after I had ran it around town. the good news it...
  6. H

black smoke

ok cool...I'll check it out ..thanks
  7. H

black smoke

I only did the KOEO test & thats the order the codes came.....I might be mistaken but I thought 157 was only a code for the KOER test....so does that imply my MAF is bad ?
  8. H

black smoke

ok ya'll I dug out the hanes book I got for my other one & ran the tests 3-4 times today after I cleaned the air filter,maf sensor, new plugs,inspected the vac & elec. plugins & drove it around for awhile... it gave me the same codes but the prob is one of the codes only relates to the engine...
  9. H

black smoke

I would agree
  10. H

black smoke

ok thanks guys....yea I'm not much acct on these f.i. engines to much stuff on them.....yea bought it for $400 so figured I couldn't pass it up...body's in great shape & far as I can tell thats the only think wrong with it
  11. H

black smoke

ok thanks I'll try that....yea it is putting out smoke & if you goose it while idling it just about looks like its on fire
  12. H

black smoke

yea running or idle at the end of the t.p on the ground looks like a bunch of black soot..best way to describe it
  13. H

black smoke

yea tryed doing that today...was looking the meanings up now if I got the codes right....13,26,327....but not sure
  14. H

black smoke

this has racked my brain...ok..thanks for the help & advice
  15. H

black smoke

how could I go about fixing the prob or better yet finding out what is causing it
  16. H

black smoke

no their dry...was thinking too rich a mix
  17. H

black smoke

hey ya'll hope someone can help.... I just bought a 94 xlt.....have had a few ppl tell me to check different things, pulled the plugs & they were black & covered in look like soot....have pulled the vac. line on the fuel press. reg... best I could tell it had no gas in the vac. line. checked the...
  18. H

Transmission Troubles Advice Needed !

guys try this at your own risk ....but I've got a friend that has used 2wd trans & put the tailshaft of a 4wd on it, have seen 2 ppl that has took the guts out of a 2wd & put then in a 4wd. the housings have to be the same...the trans in mine is in need of fixing, so going with one of these...
  19. H

1991 explorer weak links

hello all...I have a 91 explorer 4.0,4x4 & am on my 2nd trans its a 5spd..I do off road cause I fight wildland fires...I'm thinking I'm going to have to put another trans in it cause this one is starting to act up not sure if the syncros or bearings are going on it...& was wondering if ya'll had...
Back