Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

Please vote for the Friends of Eldorado National Forest

C'mon people. Were currently 39th. Let us know if you voted, it will bump the thread. Thanks
  2. P

Please vote for the Friends of Eldorado National Forest

Pepsi is giving away $5K. Please click the link and vote for Please vote for the Friends of Eldorado National Forest http://www.refresheverything.com/friendsofeldoradonationalforest
  3. P

The rig gets some much needed TLC

Looks like you could use some front fiberglass fenders? If so I have a pair for sale. And the rig is looking good!!!!
  4. P

camp shower installation

Cool write up!!!
  5. P

Tellico Online Rally is ON!!!!

Guess nobody cares if we have no place to wheel??? Come on guys we need to get the word out to all sites. Hiking, horse back riding, hunting, ATV etc. Once they close the land, NOBODY will be able to use it!
  6. P

Boot or not to boot? That is the question!

Thanks guys. I pulled the spindle and axles and installed the boot. She back up and on the road now. I was also thinking about using hose clamps. Thanks for the info!!!!
  7. P

Well now you chime in after I installed the axles and spindle. :p: I guess I can just pull the spindle and install the boot. What was "not good" about not running the boot? Oh and any info on the Metal zip ties?
  8. P

Thanks but I choose to not to install it. I will see how it works out.
  9. P

Ok, I toasted another passenger stub shaft. Figured I'd replace all the front passenger side axles, bearing etc. I couldn't get the yoke axles to seperate. After pounding them apart I came to the conclusion that the boot that covers the slip yoke is actually holding water and mud instead of...
  10. P

Lets keep this thread alive!!!!!!
  11. P

It's basically a heads up. Trying to rally the troops!
  12. P

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=675865 Lets show some Exploder support!!!
  13. P

Need a refresher course: Bent axle- 8.8 w/detroit

Got it out and a new one put in. The wobble is gone but I still feel some vibration. Going swap out the drive shaft. Thanks for the all the advice and imput. I didn't have to pull the passenger side.
  14. P

Hey Jamie whats up? I was going to swap the spare tire with the on that wobbles. See any reason why that wouldn't work? I get water inside??? From where I haven't a clue. It leaks around the diff cover a bit but not the axle seals??? This is the passenger side. IZwack I did but the...
  15. P

Thanks Carl for the offer. IZwack thanks for the link. One guy had the theory that it may just be the rim. I'm gonna check that this weekend. Figure its an easy check vs. swaping axles. Not sure how I bent it (if that is the problem). I've had a vibration that I can't get rid of. I know the...
  16. P

Tried to get one from the pick and pull so I don't have to tear apart my spare 8.8. Our axles are 31 splines correct? But some early X's had 28 splines, correct?
  17. P

Thank you very much for the quick response. She's got 180K miles on her. No sure how much longer she will last to the cheaper the better.
  18. P

Ok guys I need a refresher course, it's been so long since I've had to do anything with my 8.8. The passenger side axle is bent, you can see the whole caliper move up and down (kinda funny to watch). So if I remember right it the axle is held in by a clamp correct? This is pretty easy...
  19. P

Offroad Survival Bag

Thats a good one or even better is magnesium and flint.
  20. P

Offroad Survival Bag

MRE's!!!!!
  21. P

Pics From Barnwell Mountain January 27th & 28th!

Better make the the resv. soon. A lot of hotels are already booked. Just an FYI.
  22. P

Hi to all your Explorers, No change of gear, Help!!!

2 to 3 hrs???? Should take like 10-20 mins but lets us know what the say. Glacier is the guru on trannys, hopefully he will chime in when you get the codes.
Back