Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. ShadyGrady

well it's been awile...and my 1st gen is about the best it has ever been...it will get a new PC...

well it's been awile...and my 1st gen is about the best it has ever been...it will get a new PC soon...about to rip interior out lil by lil...and re do it more to my likes...with the new job that is now...not new...settling in at the 1st year here in BAMA...not so much liking the weather...to...
  2. ShadyGrady

Say Bro, How is it going? How is the family, baby and you...I hope all is well...wondering how...

Say Bro, How is it going? How is the family, baby and you...I hope all is well...wondering how that project is going? Later
  3. ShadyGrady

Can 14lb/h fuel injector do the job of the OEM injectors?

I seen a crazy deal, 14lb/h Accel fuel injectors NEW @ $7.00 + s/h...i wondering if anyone will reply their opinion on if this might or will the engine run too lean?
  4. ShadyGrady

My truck won't start in the cold!

good to hear ya back up and running!
  5. ShadyGrady

I sure hope to hear what fixed it!?
  6. ShadyGrady

Every once in a while Mother Nature will help up see that out ride is not perfect...I figure 2000StreetRod does have a point...we all just trying to help.
  7. ShadyGrady

i must add, after seeing only 3 reviews about that Block heater i recommended...we had much better units for engine heaters, and for sub 10 to sub zero the vehicles had battery tray warming pads also...all configured to a power strip that was water proofed so to have only one cord to manage for...
  8. ShadyGrady

you did not mention winter weather prep...just to cover ALL the basics, 5W-30 oil or 0W20 oil for extreme cold operation, 50-50 Antifreeze or 60-40 antifreeze mix heavy on antifreeze more than water. Some will say it is a reach, but good battery, cold weather prep for oil and coolant will make...
  9. ShadyGrady

My build log: project PIA

Congrats Bro, You are truly blessed!! We were packing on that very day, we moved to AL on X-Mas Eve...a sort of Family caravan! Best wishes to you and your family!!! Sorry I missed ya, just got back on line...if anyone has ever moved from a house to an apt...it is slow, and crazy! Later!!
  10. ShadyGrady

My quest for 30 MPG - Ford Explorer Gas Mileage Tips

NO...He was a good guy...RIP Aldive! He was the FATHER of MPG in a Explorer! What ever you do, follow this man's advice! I think he forgot more than any of us would ever know!!
  11. ShadyGrady

Orifice Tube Question, R134 to R12 conversion

Sorry I could not help...orifice tubes go by temp. and supposed to be gas specified. Did you charge according to pressures? Anyway thanks for the R409 info. Check out VIOT.com for your A/C tools.
  12. ShadyGrady

I think you are getting warm on it bro...you just got to experiment with it till you get it right...I not sure it is more restrictive or not...it works with r-12 and r 134a for this vehicle so it just may be your ticket...I converted it to r134a a few years ago...I did nothing special...just...
  13. ShadyGrady

sound like a bunch of grounds and loose connections...maybe even a few gremlins tried to help you while you were sick? I am glad to hear she is ALIVE again...I an sure it is a BEAST of a truck bro...keep us posted!!!
  14. ShadyGrady

Ask parts store for orifice tube for 1992 Ford Explorer...they ran r12. use ester oil too...it is the universal A/C oil...just flush your system...I use denatured alcohol or brake cleaner followed by a good blow with compressed air...and absorbent mats to catch the crap on the other end...it is...
  15. ShadyGrady

YOU @, glad to hear ya doing good bro!! PIC...I NEED PICS...ya know I going to hound ya till you post them!! DUde...driveway Alignment.worked out good!! I no got pull to right no more...i going to adjust the gear box next...I think I can take a lil slop out of it...it ain't bad off...I just want...
  16. ShadyGrady

The ongoing fixer-upper and mod project

I too am green to what and how to do things in this site, but it is a great place to get good info, and share what ya know if ya want...I LOVE this site...all the people are very respectful, and polite...just what the DR. ordered!don't forget GOV work...they need folks who do what you do. They...
  17. ShadyGrady

NO Problem, I will add you as a friend, I wish you best wishes in your job situation...I am in a similar boat...I retire from mil in a few months...I also looking for job. WE WILL FIND THEM!!! Good luck and we will find each other when we need...till then hold on Sir...Good comes to good...
  18. ShadyGrady

That is my point exactly, YOU GOTTA DO IT YOUR WAY!!! It is why I like linux flavors, they work well, most are free, and you can run it from a flash drive...can't beat that, no matter how hard you try! I'll share my sources for cool low cost stuff: GoodDeals18.com, DealExtreme.com...
  19. ShadyGrady

Air Intake Device?

A dry type-clean it yourself-permanent-air filter is now available from AFE, AEM, and a few other brand names. Sold from popular outfits such as E-BAY, Auto-Zone, Advance Auto, Pep boys, and a few others. You blow/vacuum/wash them the same way you do the K & N but use any mild soap/water mix and...
  20. ShadyGrady

I am totally impressed about your vehicle PC idea...make it happen!!! I tried Unbuntu for awhile, had it as a dual boot on my laptop...it is a great OS!! I works just as good, better in a lot of ways than windows flavors I will admit. WAY SMALLER and prettier than WIN-XP by far!! Huge advantage...
  21. ShadyGrady

NO a laptop just would not do the trick! I wanted a mounted, hard wired vehicle PC for YEARS! The first time I saw one while surfing the net, I thought it was a great idea, and I LOVE computers. It does look bad sitting there all sideways LOL!!! It is mounted properly now so it is not leaning or...
  22. ShadyGrady

I missed you man! (sob). Glad all is good in your world!!
  23. ShadyGrady

Hi all...well I did install the PORT VACUUM header close to the MAF as it would be located if it were OEM...and VIOLA! I cut a end off a steel "T" heater hose adapter i had in my junk box, and welded it on...then I drilled a hole into the 3" pipe from inside the new fitting. I added a lil...
  24. ShadyGrady

Help needed (seriously

I hope it all works out, funny how the world is the same no matter were you are! Good luck, best wishes! Cheers!
  25. ShadyGrady

Help needed (seriously

Tell them to have there guy handy at time of meet...he might can help...don"t resist the urge to go all bust a nut on them...just don't shed blood! Ya don't want to go to jail. also the old I ain't leaving till it is fixed...it didn't do that till you touched it...and the favorite, the police...
Back