Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. maxerious

How to replace upper intake manifold gaskets

upper intake gaskets hey guys getting ready to do this my self i noticed some people had problems with studs breaking on retorque is this only when you replace lower as well when you actully remove the studs? or can this happen just torquing the top 6 nuts down just to do the uppers? thanks
  2. maxerious

My quest for 30 MPG - Ford Explorer Gas Mileage Tips

i want to see what aldive is getting after a full tank in your old thread you always had like 19 gal results all your hho seems to be just 100-200 miles curious if it averages out on a full tank......
  3. maxerious

EPC solenoid 5r55e

ya i already dropped the pan today and replaced the filter and put in mobil 1 synthetic atf so next service i will try the EPC not gonna drop that thing again lol
  4. maxerious

EPC solenoid 5r55e

hello i have had the 2-3 shift flare since i bought my x but thought i would try replacing the EPC solenoid see if that solves the prob before i rebuild the VB were is the epc located can it be accsessed via the pan looked in my manual but i think i need to get a transmission manual cuz the...
  5. maxerious

shallow pan or deep pan?

ya i wont well its made by Champion laboratories inc www.champlabs.com never heard of them lol
  6. maxerious

shallow pan or deep pan?

lol well all it says on the box is High performance automatic transmission filter laff another words generic it has what looks to be a rubber gasket though
  7. maxerious

shallow pan or deep pan?

got it from autozone they did ask if it was 4wd wich i replied yes but they still listed the shallow and deep for being options for my vehicle let me go grab it from the truck for the rest of the info
  8. maxerious

shallow pan or deep pan?

ya i just looked it up i did buy the deep one ya i will
  9. maxerious

shallow pan or deep pan?

SOB lol i think i got the shallow oh well thanx man i can take it back in the morning
  10. maxerious

shallow pan or deep pan?

hey guys been awhile since i posted on here my tranny is far over due for a service so i figured i would do it on my next days off anyway when i bought a tranny filter kit they asked shallow or deep and i think i got the shallow cuz it was longer the deep one was tiny i will know tommrrow if i...
  11. maxerious

question about k&N and MAS

ok well first of all no i dont have a good computer to do that with :( second the compression on that cyl is perfect it was checked when i originaly started having this problem as the plug wire i dont think its grounded as this is the second set of wires the problem has remained with both...
  12. maxerious

well guys i am completely baffled it doenst burn a drop of anything it doesn't smoke at all runs flawless just for some unknown reason kills a plug in the number 4 cyl every 5 months when i pull the plugs it kinda looks fouled darker than it should be or it did this time last time it looked...
  13. maxerious

no it looses no coolant at all i check it often but its always at the top i will try the flashlight trick and see if i can see anything
  14. maxerious

OMFG it killed the plug AGAIN after about 5 months or so i donno wtf it could be so frusterating i thought mabye coil pack but everyone says thast not possible as thers 2 coils one for 3 cyls and the other for the other 3 cyls so it wouldnt just effect one plug is this true? the other thing that...
  15. maxerious

error codes p0171,p0174

well shoot i donno now i was gonna go buy the gaskets for tomorrow and just for kicks i hooked up my obdII scanner since it had been like 100 miles or more since i reset it and i got the green light no error codes and the pcm had finished doing all its tests and it didnt detect any leaks so i...
  16. maxerious

error codes p0171,p0174

ya i got the same codes i couldnt find any leaks so imma replace the upper intake manifold gaskets and hope that does it i will let you guys know if thats it i am gonna do it monday or tuesday
  17. maxerious

Intake Manifold Gaskets - P0171-P0174

oh god dont tell me that :(
  18. maxerious

Intake Manifold Gaskets - P0171-P0174

ya I now have the same prob so i am gonna replace the uppers to as the first step as i figure ican check out all the vacum line while i am in there more closey i will let you guys know in a week or 2 if it solved th prob prob will dig into it next week sometime
  19. maxerious

well check engine light came on and i got 2 codes any ideas?

ok i dont know if this has anything to do with it but it just seemed to weird so i had to show you guys as i was inspecting the pcv line i dropped it under my truck and when i went down to pick it up i found this i have no idea if it came off my truck but i had to take a pic of it just incase...
  20. maxerious

well i just went and checked for vacum leaks and i couldnt find any doenst mean there not there but i looked at the pcv elbow looks brand new but it has no clamps or anything on ether end is it suppose too? i pulled it while running and of course then i could hear a leak lol but i cleared the...
  21. maxerious

ya i just read a bunch of threads and good god sounds like it could be liek 10 different things i dont think its the fule filter as i changed it less thatn 10k miles ago new plugs and wires so i am gonna check vacum lines first dreading the intake gaskets i can do it just dont wanna lol
  22. maxerious

i got p0171 and p0174 wich is system to lean bank 1 and bank 2 anyone know what this can mean? the truck runs perfect no performance changes at all wouldnt even know if the CEL didnt come on any help would be appriciated
  23. maxerious

around what mileage do MAFS need replacing?

agreed on the maf i have thought mine was bad on 2 different occasions but it turned out to be something different each time those things rarely go bad just need a cleaning every now and then. about the miss is it smooth through the other rpm's after take off and before 4k?
  24. maxerious

ExplorerForum AZ run March 23 2008

cool sounds good it wouldnt be wheeling with out a few hard spots :P
  25. maxerious

ExplorerForum AZ run March 23 2008

ya... i just looked at the pics from the 2003 run and unless he just took pics of the good stuff i am so out classed lol....
Back