Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

How to Replace the Radiator in a 5.0L Explorer

Not So Bad Just did the radiator and lower/upper radiator hoses, looks like my radiator had been removed once, new clamps and the radiator wasnt set in the lower bottom clip on the driver side. A lot of people had problems with the clips, when removing I just broke off the clips, I wasn't...
  2. S

RPM's sky high and climb upward after start

Got it, the cruise control cable was stuck in the bracket somehow. All fixed now ;)
  3. S

Would unhooking the throttle cable and cruise control cable then starting it to see if thats in issue advisable?
  4. S

I just changed out the push rods and rocker arms this morning, got every thing back together and I go to start it and the RPM's just started climbing and climbing until I turned it off. I unhooked the battery and tried again, same thing. I checked every thing and it all looked good. I...
  5. S

Hum in park, drive etc.,stops with A/C on

I have to do the brakes on the GF's Grand Famnit first today then ill check out that clutch. The clutch does have 188,000 miles on it. I've replaced the lower and upper idler pulleys, so a bad A/C clutch wouldn't surprise me. I had the center bolt on it fall out on me a couple years back.
  6. S

The IAC is relatively new, just replaced it last year, but Ill try the hose and see what I come up with.
  7. S

Getting a hum from the engine compartment, its intermittent, doesnt matter if its in park, neutral or drive. I turn on the A/C and it magically stopped. I read some posts through the search and someone mentioned a A/C clutch issue and not a transmission problem. Trying to get an idea if it...
  8. S

Help with forgotten hose locations?

Perfect Answer Perfect answer, I wanted to confirm the locations and wasnt 100% on the red. Thank you very much.
  9. S

DPFE hoses - where do they connect?

I know this is an ancient thread but where is that white and red hose running to on either end? Im having trouble finding out where these go.
  10. S

Help with forgotten hose locations?

I pulled my 99 Mountaineer 5.0 apart a couple weeks ago to replace the lifters and forgot where a few hoses go..... The hoses im trying to figure out where they go are the 2 hoses from the EGR tube. and The hard plastic emissions lines, looks like there are a couple from the same black...
  11. S

Parts needed to get down to lower intake

Hello all, I will be taking my V8 5.0 1999 Mountaineer apart down to the lower intake. Removing the upper intake, lower intake and valve covers. Im curious what parts do I need? Gaskets, lubricants etc. I will be draining the radiator and possibly changing out lifters/rods. Gotta get...
  12. S

How many miles on your 5.0?

Mine has about 187,x.. on a 1999. Im just curious to how many miles people have.
  13. S

Hard Starting 5.0 2000 Mountaineer

When I have had those codes its been the IAC, MAF or something along those lines.
  14. S

5.0 PCV location 2000 Monty

It's not terribly difficult, I just did mine 2 weeks ago. I was able to just get my arm and hand back there to pull it out and put the new one in, took about 30 minutes total. I was able to get to it from the passengar side of the vehicle.
  15. S

Collapsed lifter problem

How did you adjust the lifters for minimum noise?
  16. S

Collapsed lifter problem

I have the 5.0. I brought into a local shop to have a look at it. I know they smoke tested it for an exhaust leak. I doubt they took off the intakes. It could very well could be a rod or rocker problem. If that's the case great. I'm a plan for the worst and hope for the best kind of person...
  17. S

Collapsed lifter problem

So I just took my 99 mountaineer, 186,x.. miles, to the shop to have the ticking sound looked at. They identified it as a collapsed lifter, when I asked about repairing the lifters, I was told it would better just to replace the engine due to the mileage and wear on the engine. Any...
  18. S

Need advice on overheat

I replaced the lower idler pulley and put the serpentine belt back on, didnt see any further leaks and no smoke out of the exhaust. The whine is gone the mileage has increased. I would say I got lucky
  19. S

Need advice on overheat

Its a 5.0 about 185,x.. miles
  20. S

Need advice on overheat

I was on my way to work this morning 12 mile drive 40 degree weather, when the lower idler pulley broke and the serpentine belt came off. I drove it for about 1 mile until I was able to pull off the road. I was driving from a cold start for about 7 minutes doing 65mph when the idler broke...
  21. S

Engine knock, 99 Mountaineer

I did a search but couldnt find any solid answers to my particular problem. I have a 99 Mountaineer V8 5.0, about 182,x.. miles. There are no fluids leaking and everything is topped off, no check engine light. I recently moved from Chicago to Reno,NV and drove the Mounty, roughly 1900...
  22. S

Where is this engine whine coming from? w/video

Idler pUlley It was the idler pulley, once I replaced that it was as quiet as could be.
  23. S

Interchangeable parts for different years?

Thanks After I read the second post I went on eBay and found one that was in acceptable shape with the right knobs for $25 plus $7 shipping. I think I am still missing the metal case that holds the radio in though any ideas?
  24. S

Interchangeable parts for different years?

My 1999 mountaineer (V8, AWD) broken into a few weeks ago and area around the radio, the trim bezel with the knobs was taken along with other things in the car. Im looking for the parts to replace it the radio trim bezel. Its not going so well. My question is what year of vehicle is...
  25. S

Popping sound from speakers after big 3

Yes it is. It's a pioneer deh-6000usb something like that. Organic oel, USB port and 3 sets of rca preouts.
Back