Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

ABS Light is on constantly

Thanks guys, Ill check this out this weekend..
  2. K

Sorry I have to update that, this is a 1999 AWD. How would I test the hubs, sorry for my ignorance..
  3. K

So there is no way to tell which sensor is bad?
  4. K

What would cause the ABS light to be on continuously? Does that mean the ABS unit is engaging the ABS brakes whenever I press the pedal? Thanks..
  5. K

Flat upper radiator hose

What would cause the upper radiator hose to flatten out while the engine is running and its up to operating temperaturre? I am also not getting much heat out of the heater. The thermostat was replaced about a year ago, and its full of coolant. The engine doesnt seem to run hot according the...
  6. K

Coolant Leak

It is literally a small ocassional drip coming from the timing chain cover. Considering you have to pull the motor or at least jack it up to remove the oil pan, I am seriously considering trying a can of sealer. What do you think? What have I got to lose? I used "Barz" on another vehicle...
  7. K

Coolant Leak

Its not leaking out of the water pump seal weep hole. Its leaking from below the entire water pump housing. Its hard to explain but it almost looks like its the timing chain cover, is this possible? Looking at the the pictures its not the lower intake gasket either.. Just curious.. Where...
  8. K

Coolant Leak

After pressure testing my 91 XLT I noticed a small leak coming from the front of the engine, below the water pump from what looks like the timing chain cover. Is this possible? Does coolant circulate through there or am I looking at this wrong? I see many threads about the lower intake...
Back