Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R.J.

For Sale 1990 Bronco II

$3500 Located in southern California 1990 Bronco II, Auto, 4x4 172k miles. About 115k on used transmission Runs good. No problems. Cold A/C (r134 converted) cruise control, power windows. Top end was redone at about 140k miles. Just passed smog two months ago Dana 35 front axle. 8.8 rear axle...
  2. R.J.

R.J.'s New New Rig

I'm sorry guys. It's not an RBV. It's not even a Ford. It's a... 1999 Toyota 4runner limited, 4wd with factory rear E-locker. Bought it back in March with 178k miles on it. It was bone stock. It's slightly modified now. Explorer Forum, you guys are my family. This forum is the reason I got...
  3. R.J.

Jeep seats. Has anyone made them fit?

Looking for some new front seats for my bronco ii. Has anyone put seats from a Jeep in an rbv? After market is a lot better for Jeeps.
  4. R.J.

Big Bear in Sept

I went up recently to Big Bear CA for some 4wheeling. Want to make it back up there and see who else would able to join. I'm thinking either September 22nd or 29th. Whicher works better for everyone. How hard of trials do we want to do? Difficult trails are: John Bull Deep Creek (dishpan...
  5. R.J.

Wanted M5OD trans from any non 4.0 vehicle

Looking for a trans to pull the gears out of. Anyone have a spare trans from a 2.3, 2.5, 2.9, or 3.0 engine? they have lower gearing in them than a 4.0 trans. So I want to make a hybrid trans with it. 2.5/4.0 M50D Hybrid - The Ranger Station Forums Anyone have one in California, let me know.
  6. R.J.

Anyone going to TDS 2018?

I might run down there for the day. I've never been. But I'm not doing anything else that day so I was thinking about going.
  7. R.J.

Heater only works on panel/floor setting

It's been cold lately, and the only time I get heat out of the climate control is when the setting is on panel/floor setting, but only the panel vents come out warm. I don't get heat through the floor vents, the defroster, and if I put the setting on panel only, then it's cold again. But slide...
  8. R.J.

King of the Hammers 2018

Anyone going to king of the hammers this year? Its big a crazy and chaotic. Some people hate it, some people love it. I'm planning on being there Thursday to Saturday. The main race is on Friday the 9th.
  9. R.J.

Dead in the water

Went in too deep. Engine took in water and hydrolocked. I don't have any photos from the outside. Here's one of the water and me on the hood hooking up the tow strap. Instagram post by Robbie Krumm • Dec 24, 2017 at 2:16am UTC Instagram post by Robbie Krumm • Dec 25, 2017 at 12:03am UTC
  10. R.J.

Wanted Early Ranger or B2 front end parts

I want to change my Bronco iis from the 2nd gen face lift to the older style grill and headlights. So if anyone has fenders, grill, headlights, turn signals from an 83-88 ranger/b2 in southern California, I would like to buy. Thanks
  11. R.J.

RJ's B2 Build

I started building my second RBV, a Bronco ii. This thread is to post about and document the work done to the car, so it can help others that are building a b2 or ranger based vehicle. This is actually my second build thread about this rig, the first one was accidentally deleted. I picked up...
  12. R.J.

Pomona Off Road Expo

Anyone going to the off road expo this weekend? I think I'll go Sunday afternoon. Kinda busy the rest of the weekend.
  13. R.J.

Will 33x12.5 tires fit with 1.5" lift?

Yes. They technically they will. At least on a b2 they can.
  14. R.J.

Cleghorn Trail March 19th

Hey local SoCal offroaders, I plan to go out to the cleghorn trail on the 19th. It's my local "test n tune" spot so I want to do a few things to the bronco and go see how it does. I have work in the morning so this will be an afternoon run, but the trail is short and the time change will give us...
  15. R.J.

Wanted f150 coil seats

I used to have a set of f150 coil seats, the ones commonly used as lift spacers on rbv's, but I can't seem to find them. Maybe I gave them away or something. I want to buy another set of these spacers to put on my B2. Anyone have a pair they no longer use?
  16. R.J.

Cleghorn trail, July 10th (SoCal)

Me and some friends are going to run the Cleghorn trail Sunday July 10th. this is actually my second attempt, this thread originally was for our run back on memorial day, but my car broke at the beggining of the trail so lets get some more Fords going on this trip so I'm not surrounded by...
  17. R.J.

For Sale R.J.'s Navajo. 35's, Coilovers, Roll Cage (SoCal)

Yup, That's right for sale $4,000 Link to my registry http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226002 quick list: 91 Mazda Navajo (Explorer sport) manuel trans, 4wd, rebuilt engine and trans, new clutch. Front: widened D35 ttb, King coilovers...
  18. R.J.

Wanted Explorer 8.8 rear axle in California

Hey anyone have a rear axle they want to get ride of?
  19. R.J.

Explorer on top, Bronco on bottum??

Seems like what i want to do with the Navajo (explorer 2dr) is put full width rear axle and full width dana 44 ttb in front. and another thing that would be cool is a v8. So when thinking about doing all that the question comes into my mind "could i swap an Explorer sport body onto a Bronco...
  20. R.J.

5.0 vs. Doubler T-case

Pondering some options. what direction should i go with the navajo? Option 1: 4.0ohv engine, c5 tranny, and 1350 t-case with doubler or Option 2: 5.0 engine, 4r70w tranny and single t-case things im thinking about are difficulty, price, and the fact that i already have the doubler...
  21. R.J.

Cleghorn. Sunday March 29th

come on out and run cleghorn this sunday. me and justin will be going to try out our stuff. anyone who wants to join in would be great. not sure about the time, probably 10 or 11am. the Cleghorn trail is off the 15 fwy going up the cajon pass.
  22. R.J.

Azusa Canyon, Jan 4th

hey thought i'd throw a thread up inviting anyone that wants to go. Me and justin are going to Azusa Canyon tomorrow, Jan 4, with some friends. azusa canyon is mud bogs so if anyone's into that, come on out. sorry it's short notice.
  23. R.J.

c5 transmission rebuild questions

for any of you that have a c5, two questions; 1) how much does it cost a shop to rebuild it? meaning whats a fair price. the trans shop down the street said $1k and they'd also put in a shift kit. 2) how hard is it to rebuild it yourself? how much does that cost. 3) going along with...
  24. R.J.

R.J.'s Elite Navajo Registry.... I Think It's About Time

Me and Jim have been a member on here for a while and haven't made an Elite Registry. so here goes! 1991 Mazda Navajo 4x4, 5spd 4.0L ohv KKM intake Flowmaster exhaust Port and Polished heads Front Suspension: custom cut and truned, extended, and plated beams (2.5" each side) 14x2.5" King...
  25. R.J.

Return from Johnson Valley

first time anyof us had gone there. a lot of open space and didn't know the spots to go reall well, but we all had mucho grande fun blasting through washes, climbing hills and rocks. eferything went well and it was a great day, but the last two hours unleashed hell on my car. so the navajo had...
Back