Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Q

High Pitched whine on 02 EB

I replaced my serpentine belt and the whine is gone.:thumbsup:
  2. Q

P2195, P0171 & P0172 codes

On mine it ended being a loose wire on the O2 sensor. I had some transmission work done and apparently the wire got knocked loose when they were down there. I'd say look under there and make sure the wires are tight and if they are you may want to look into replacing the sensor. Mark
  3. Q

O2 sensor cause misfires?

I'm getting a P0171 code along with P0300, P0301 & P0303. The P0171 is system too lean and the other codes are misfire codes. The P0301 & P0303 codes are misfire of 1 & 3 which are on the right side of the engine, correct? Could it be that the O2 sensor is causing all of this, and if so would it...
  4. Q

03 Exp with P0171 code

Spoke too soon, the light came back on yesterday. It also started to idle roughly when in gear. Anyone have any more thoughts on where to look? Thanks, Mark
  5. Q

03 Exp with P0171 code

I took the sensor out and cleaned it with some basic contact cleaner and reinstalled it 3 days ago. So far the code has not come back. Thanks to the forum for your help. Mark
  6. Q

03 Exp with P0171 code

You rock dude. Thanks a lot. Mark
  7. Q

03 Exp with P0171 code

Cool, thanks. Now all I need to do is figure out where the MAF sensor is, shouldn't be too hard. Thanks for your help, Mark
  8. Q

03 Exp with P0171 code

Is that a gas additive or something different? Thanks, Mark
  9. Q

03 Exp with P0171 code

Thanks for the reply. I'll start running through the things you suggested and see if I can clear it out. Mark
  10. Q

03 Exp with P0171 code

My service engine light came on and when I checked got a P0171 code, system too lean. Any ideas on what may be causing this? Thanks, Mark
  11. Q

P2195, P0171 & P0172 codes

I'm getting 3 codes, P0171 - system too lean P0172 - system too rich P2195 - O2 sensor stuck Any ideas on where to start? I don't want to just run out and buy an O2 sensor because it seems like most times that's not the actual problem. Any help on troubleshooting this is much appreciated...
  12. Q

Solved Transmission Band Adjustment Specification Chart

It's not that hard, but on my '03 explorer it was a pain to get to the bolts and they were rusted. I had to spray them good then work them a bit to get them to where they would turn easily. New locknuts are probably a good idea since they are so cheap. There is a really good step by step...
  13. Q

Solenoid Block Replacement

I replaced the solenoid block and did a band adjustment and it didn't fix mine. It's probably the servo bore on mine. I sent it to the transmission shop for a rebuild. The servo bore seems to be a very common problem on vehicles with more than 70,000 miles that have the 5R55W trans. Sorry. Mark
  14. Q

5R55W in 2002 EB ...HELP..have codes

Is there a fix for that or am I looking at a new/rebuilt trans? Mark
  15. Q

5R55W in 2002 EB ...HELP..have codes

I have a 2003 Explorer with 97,000 miles and am getting the P0775 code also. I changed the solenoid block and did a band adjustment but am still having issues. I get the code still and the truck doesn't want to go into 2nd gear. It will hold 1st on the way up and bypass 2nd when it kicks down...
  16. Q

5R55W trouble

Hi folks, I have a 2003 Explorer with about 97,000 miles on it. I started getting the O/D Off blinking light and found a P0775 trouble code. The truck just doesn't seem to want to go into 2nd gear. It holds 1st on the way up too long, and if you push on the gas while going about 30 mph it will...
  17. Q

Thanks for your reply. I'm going to adjust the bands and see where that gets me. Do I need to get new lock nuts or can I reuse the old ones? Thanks, Mark
  18. Q

Are these the same specs for a 5R55W? I have a 2003 Explorer and am getting the P0775 code. I changed the solenoid block but the problem is persisting. I'm thinking a band adjustment may help. Thoughts? Mark
  19. Q

Solenoid Block Replacement

That link doesn't seem to be active anymore. Was it instructions on how to do the solenoid block swap? I have a 2003 Explorer with the P0775 code and am about to do that swap, some instruction would be great. Thanks, Mark
  20. Q

Heat/AC air flow

I wasn't aware I had one. Where would it be located? Mark
  21. Q

Heat/AC air flow

I have a 2003 Explorer and I don't seem to get much air flow out of my vents. It takes forever to cool off the cabin in the summer and warm it up in the winter. When I put my hand by the floor vent on the drivers side there hardly seems to be any air coming out. When the AC is on the air coming...
  22. Q

My '03 is doing the same thing. I bought it this past Nov and it just started doing it when the weather turned cold. For me it seems to happen around 1900 rpm when running around 60 mph. Has anyone figured out what it is and if I need to worry about it? Does it go away when the weather warms...
  23. Q

I'm having the same problem with my 03. It also started with the cold weather. This is the first winter I've had it. Does it go away when the weather warms back up? Has anyone figured out what it is or if I/we need to worry about it?
  24. Q

Hey ya'll

I just bought a 2003 Explorer last week and I did a Google search for Explorers and came across this site. It's cool to find a place where I can find answers to questions that may pop up about my truck. I've already learned about finding the code that tells what type of gears you have. Nice. My...
Back