Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

Just got my Bullitt rims on.

I like them. They look great on there.
  2. L

explorer sport pics

Though I had posted my latest pics, but I guess I didn't. Took off the black 17s, went to stock 15s for awhile, then tossed on my extra set of Roush 18s (back up set from my Mustang). Scooped up a free set of four 265/65/18 BFGs off craigslist. Can't beat that. I think it looks good for a...
  3. L

Post the pics of your wheels here!!! STREET TRUCKS!!!

I'll bump this with some shots of the new shoes on my Ex. First generation 18x8 Roush wheels. 265/60/18 BFG Long Trails. These were an extra set I have for my '98 Roush Mustang that were sitting in boxes. Found the tires free on CraigsList, so I figured I'd see how they worked out.
  4. L

Rims and tires help??

Bullitt Mustang rims will fit. Might look a little goofy with a low profile tire on there, though.
  5. L

Found a set of 18X10 Roush Wheels will they fit?

Depends which 18x10s you have. The 'older' style won't bolt right on, you'll need spacers. Roush's small center doesn't allow the dust caps on the Explorers to fit right. I tired to swap over mine from one of my cars just to see what it would look like. I'm told (can't say for sure), the...
  6. L

Engine tries to explode after M112

Boost is just the measure of restriction. If you open up the motor, you get less restriction and more power. The pulley # numbers from the factory are assuming that pulley on a stock motor.
  7. L

Ok, first link talked about the 4.0L having too high of a stock compression to use much boost. Then it talked about using dished pistons to lower compression, making it more blower friendly. Second link talks about the weak head bolts used in the 4.0L and the weak deck resulting in head gasket...
  8. L

m90 on 4.0

There are several M90'd 4.0L motors out there to draw ideas from. The Banshee set up seems to be the most popular : http://www.candmnovelties.com/pages/page3.htm
  9. L

Other than being made by Ford, the pushrod 5.0L V8 and the SOHC 4.0L V6 have almost nothing in common.
  10. L

explorer sport pics

Thanks man. It was talking to you a couple weeks ago that made me realize I didn't really have many pics of it... so I had to go correct that!
  11. L

explorer sport pics

Couple of mine... work in progress.
  12. L

4.0 sohc exhaust?

I like the Spin Tech sound. I've run them on several various project vehicles in the past and have never been let down. I'm going to use Spin Tech on the truck when the time comes.
  13. L

Car wheels on my explorer???

Those might not be the best choice. I see a lot of Mustang wheels on Exploders (myself included). But they take the weight of the truck very well and have the correct offset and bolt pattern.
  14. L

18x10 Cobra R's on an 03 XLS

I'd go at least a 295 width on a 10" rim. Anything less will really be stretched on there. That is if they are an 18x10 - most of that style are 17x9, so a 265 or 275 would be fine.
  15. L

mustang wheels on my ex

I run 17" Mustang Tribars on mine and the dust cap fits behind the center cap. (Same kinda deal, Craigslist steal and I couldn't pass them up - Just need a bit larger profile tire on them.) However, to put my 18" Roush wheels on, I take the front dust caps off. The design of the wheel will keep...
  16. L

couple questions about the 4.0 sohc

I would caution you about buying from Morana. He's not really known for great products, but likes to take money without ever sending you stuff.
  17. L

Sure thing. My first M112 project was for my pushrod V6 - very similar to the 5.0L interms of set up. I actually translated my boxed upper intake for a 5.0L Mustang guy so something similar should work for you as well. More or less, my set up is a Cobra M112 with the IC lip shaved off the...
  18. L

The idea will work fine, this version will not run as it sits. We're pointing out areas that need to be addressed. When they are, this will be a very unique (and running) set up. And for whatever its worth, those plates will spread when you apply boost and heat to the mix. Been there, done...
  19. L

Very Reasonably Priced Cobra Rims

I'm running 17" Mustang Tribars on my '01 Sport without any issues.
  20. L

Couple of suggestions from someone who has done this: Make your adaptor out of aluminum instead of steel. It will stay flush and seal up better for you. I made mine out of 1/4" 6061. It's more of a box, so the airflow is improved. And as you are finding out, that PVC inlet tubewon't last...
  21. L

Looks like 1/4" 6061 or 5052 if I had to guess.
  22. L

The more I'm thinking about this, the more I'd be interested in seeing your vac line set up. I know it was the big bug I faced when M112ing my project a few years back.
  23. L

TPS might be another thing to look at if you are using the Lightning TB and related sensors. When I did the M112 set up on my V6, I had to switch the TPS so the car was getting the right reading from it.
  24. L

Very Reasonably Priced Cobra Rims

Explorers and Mustangs share the same bolt pattern. They bolt right up.
  25. L

You need your MAF to match your injectors. That is where I'd look first. After that, sounds like a vac leak somewhere. You're probably also seeing some belt slip - if what is in the pic is your current belt wrap.
Back