Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Z

Radiator Failure

I will definitively check my cap. GREAT Info. Thank You So Much :)
  2. Z

Radiator Failure

I have a 2006 Ford Explorer XLT 4x4..... (did they make 2 wheel drive.?) It has 135k miles and gets mild off road use. Was this year or this generation prone to radiator failure.? I am on #3 The first one came with it of course, the second was right before the warranty was up, so that was...
  3. Z

How many MPG do you get?

Well.....my 2006 is stock, but after a few hours on the freeway, I can get about 17.0 Around town, we get about 13...so on the freeway it takes a while for the average to catch up. Man, that is real crappy. I drive Very Conservatively. The MPG in these are pretty poor. I have had a 98, 05, and...
  4. Z

Never have to change the transmission oil? Fact or fiction???

Wow...glad I read this. Our 2006 XLT V6 has almost 85k miles. Original fluid. So you guys are saying to change the tranny fluid...regardless of what the book says.? Can "any" shop do this, or should I go to Ford...any idea of cost in round numbvera.? Thank You
  5. Z

eBay Running Boards?

Where do you live? I took mine off my 05. Are you sure that you want running boards, they really do get in the way.
  6. Z

07 4x4 Control Trac question

What's it for? Put your Ex in 4 wheel drive for a few minutes. OK, now take it out of 4 wheel drive.
  7. Z

05 alternator

My charging system warning light was flashing on and off. Checked for loose connections and a loose belt, everything seemed OK. Took it to Ford, alternator was bad. Under warranty so no real problem. However, 38,000 miles and a bad alternator? Is this just a case of cheap modern day...
  8. Z

Gas Cans

How do you guys carry gas? On the roof, strapped to the back, is there some kind of after market bracket? Thanks
  9. Z

Nevada

Anybody from Nevada or make the drive from Lovelock to Empire? If so is it any problem for a stock 05 or 06 Ex? Thank You
Back