Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Solved Fan nut,reverse thread?

Thanks again! What a drama...Borrowed an air chisel and hit it a few times and then a giant pair of pump pliers. Finally got it(the NAPA by me wanted $80 for tool and no rentals) After I reassembled everything still overheating. Changed to the original t stat and now seems fine. Actually reading...
  2. E

Solved Fan nut,reverse thread?

Question about the nut that holds the clutch fan on. Is it reverse thread and how do I break it loose? Thanks Bill NY:us:
  3. E

1992 Explorer overheating

can't get the nut off! Thanks for the help and advice. I bought the clutch fan and proceeded to take the old stuff off.I got down to the nut that holds the fan on and can't get it off. A friend of mine told me it is reverse thread , is that right? He also said to give it a shot with the air...
  4. E

Thankyou !Thankyou! I have the same twisted sense of humor when it comes to messin with somebody so the head gasket thing was good!(had me for a second) Now that I am thinking back I recall the mechanic last year telling me about the fan having cracks and needed to be changed.,( so of course I...
  5. E

I have an overheating problem with my 93 explorer v6.I changed the original thermostat because it wasn't throwing out much heat. The t stat that they sold me from Aid Auto was supposedly the only one in the book for that year. I forget what temp it was for. Anyway the heat worked great after I...
  6. E

'92 Explorer blown clutch or tranny?

Hello, I am new to forum and in need of some help. My 1992 Explorer is a 5spd. manual (v6) and was running fine, has 109,000 miles. I just bought it and had no signs of any trouble. While driving on the expressway I began to here some noise coming from the trans. like metal scraping which got...
Back