Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Wanted 98-01 power leather gray front seats (both)

Looking to PICK UP leather gray power front bucket seats in good to great condition. im located in NJ, will drive.
  2. E

P0420 but replaced 02 sens2 40k ago?

About 40K ago i replaced bank 1 #2 oxygen sensor (post cat pax side). All has been well until recently, i reset and got it again; a CEL for P0420 Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1) Since i just replaced that sensor 40k ago im not sure if i should: - replace it again - replace...
  3. E

Thermostat Remove Replace 1998 5.0

Just a quick post for the forums, I searched around last night about thermostat repair and didnt find much so i figured id put some info up. My Experience Level is Low to Medium at best. The job took me only 3 hours working at a snails pace. Symptoms: Engine temperature remained full...
  4. E

EGR Flow Insufficient P0401 - help -

Hey guys, twice in one month... first the brakes now this. Ive noticed sometimes lately pushing the accelerator during the first drive of the morning the truck seems to surge a little bit, also while driving steady at say 30-40 mph (constant accelerator position) sometimes the truck will...
  5. E

no brake lights (all of them)

Hey guys wonder if anyone can point me in a direction here, im a little stumped. I checked all the brake lamp fuses (acutally just the brake pedal position fuses), and they checked fine on the meter. I did not check the lamp fuses cause all three lamps in the back are not coming on. could the...
  6. E

Radiator Removal Replace Reinstall 5.0

Hey guys 98 5.0 AWD need your help once again, after fixing the rear I seem to have a new more urgent matter on hand... there is a steady stream of coolant leaking down the passenger side of the radiator, and i mean FAST. it will dump about 1/4 of the reserve tank each time the system is...
  7. E

General question about Fuel Line Clamp

This does not apply to my explorer but i wanted to throw this out there for opinions since i havent been able to dig up data on the internet. The application is in an older late 80s hobby carm of mine, the fuel pressure at the rail is about 37PSI. Do you guys think that those Fuel...
  8. E

Remove Replace Front Half Shafts

As im trying to narrow down this noise/vibration im getting (thread: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1611461#post1611461 ) im pretty sure i ruled out the hub assemblies, and that they are oaky. This leads me to think it may be the half shafts. Searching the...
  9. E

Front End Groaning Vibration from stop w/turn

Hey Guys, Need some help with a noise that started a few weeks ago. 1998 (built october 97) XLT AWD 5.0L 125K Once i start accelerating from the stop with the wheels turned (hard) (left or right) the truck has a groaning, grinding sound that will "roll with the wheels" (the noise will fade in...
  10. E

Code 0141 Oxygen Sensor

Hey guys, new to your forum, looks great from what ive been searching! Im familiar with working on a hobby VW of mine but my Daily Driver is this 98 5.0L AWD Explorer and its a whole 'nother animal Check engine light came on, hooked it up to a machine and got code 0141 O2 Sensor Heater...
Back