Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

Comment by 'nak4af' in media 'unstucking jeep'

I bought a kit for a ranger , added JD arms and 4 door leaf pack with an SOA in the rear.
  2. N

Comment by 'nak4af' in media '8" lift w/35's 2'

Sorry guys for not posting. I sold the truck back in Feb 2010 and am buying it back in a few weeks. I came here to show a pic to a coworker and seen all the comments. I got a lift for a ranger and did a SOA in the rear. In the pic, I installed the F150 spacer and shackle in the rear. Followed...
  3. N

F150 Coil Seats Install and Shackles for TTB suspension based platforms

That's a lot easier than paying $80+ at the dealership...RIGHT!
  4. N

I am doing exactly that to achieve enough lift to allow for alignment adjustability. Either way, you'll have to align your truck after installing the coil seats. Otherwise she'll drive horribly and destroy your tires. See mine!
  5. N

I'll sell you mine that I listed in post #152. PM me and we can talk price and shipping. They are not on my truck, so I could ship them quickly. I also listed the vehicle that they came off of in case you want to go to a junk yard and get them yourself.
  6. N

I used an impact chisel on my brakcets. It was not a high air flow compressor so it took a loooong time to get them cut off. BTW...Why does your sig show your vehicles as "RIP" did they get destroyed or did you sell them? Just curious.
  7. N

Here's a pic of them on the truck. They'll come with all the bolts and will install just like in the pic.
  8. N

AchromicSkin, I have my Skyjacker 4" drop brackets I'd sale if you need them. PM if interested.
  9. N

Can You Adjust Steering Play???

Done and it did corect a lot of the steering wander. I still have a few more 1/4 turns left but it's too cold outside to do anything.
  10. N

exhaust questions answer please

I have a Raven muffler on my Ex. It makes the Ex sound good but nowhere near GM V8 good. Midas used to sell them but somebody bought them out. They flow better than the Flowmaster and have a better, more rumbling sound. Sorry, no sound clip.
  11. N

Try a salvage yard form the year truck I listed above. The bolt shouldn't cost that much and is a little longer than the Explorer. The first part of the shaft does not have any threads so using it without the spacers will probably not work since the nut may not thread down all the way. Also, the...
  12. N

When I first installed it I didn't notice anything, believe it or not, when I put it on, I did not disconnect the battery. 6 months later when I was puttign a CAI on my Durango, I read that in the install procedures to disconnect the battery so the computer could remap the new parameters. I...
  13. N

I have had the headman headers since 2002 and they have not rusted through yet. Ugly they may be but they perform. I you get the Headman, get used to replacing the collector gasket and possibley the header gasket often. I'd save and buy the JBA. They will seal better and last longer. I had to...
  14. N

Comment by 'nak4af' in media 'locker is working'

That was the lock rite quick locker. Good thing I got the lifetime warranty from 4wheelparts. I needed it. Go with the Aussie FTW!
  15. N

^ | I agree, sometimes you have to work with what you got.
  16. N

James Duff Radius Arm Pics

Luckiy l I have enough room on the rear but I bet stainless lines help the braking feel over the stock POS's.
  17. N

If you have the extra coin, definatly save on shipping buying together. How much did the brake lines set you back? PICS?
  18. N

There is NO off-roading here in Nebraska. I will not be here forever so I'm getting it ready for when I retire and go back to the good 'ol South East. For now, it is my DD since I don't have an engine in my other car. It does drive a bit better but can't really give an apples to apples...
  19. N

It's a lot easier to work on the exhaust now with all that extra room. It looks so much better from the side now. Bumps are much more tame as well.
  20. N

I had to add a little height to even the wheels and also allow room for alignment. I need to add only a .5 to 1" lift for the rear via shackels. Where to find shackels that high? Don't want to buy Warriors and cut them down. Anyway...on to the pics.
  21. N

Sorry for the delay guys. Going to get pics right now.
  22. N

Yes, Just been too busy, I'll get them up this weekend if not sooner. It looks soo much better.
Back