Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

2002 Explorer WORST YEAR???

if people wud take care of their vehicle's there wouldn't be a problem. i kno you can't prevent some things but staying on top of maintaining the car isn't that hard. im 17 and if i can do it anyone can.
  2. S

i guess with the 02's theres a bad egg in every bunch that came off the line. im almost at 53k on my sport 4x4 and as i have said i only had to drop about 600 bucks on a new four wheel drive module, and a switch in the door that controls the warning if you leave the head lights on when you're...
  3. S

i have never had any problems with my 02'. ive had it since new and it now has 52,000 on it. the only problem i have had is with the 4wd module that went out from switching it on and off and what was my fault not the trucks. i know people with 1st gen's with 170k on the engine and tranny that...
  4. S

Cuts off at 99MPH!!!!!

thanks ryan i wouldn't have known that i have never heard that before. yet i know im not going to do that to my new bfgoodrich's. ill prolly stay way below even the sustained speed. -stephan
  5. S

Cuts off at 99MPH!!!!!

that is agreeable. hell i have a choice to pick from my dads 420 horsepower f150 lariat, or our 04' vette which is soon to have a sibling vette sitting next to it, or my very friendly neighbor is trusting enough to let me borrow his 06 lambo gallardo. if i want to go fast my options are...
  6. S

engine toughness

a buddy of mine has a 94 xlt with 180k on it with original engine and auto tranny. which is pretty damn good.
  7. S

2003-Explorer Sport

hmm i figured shocks wouldn't do anything. that sag in the rearend looks normal to me . i see it a lot on blazer's and 4Runner's
  8. S

Cuts off at 99MPH!!!!!

100 is my max. I wonder why ford lowers the top speed on explorers like my 02 sport. i guess its so speed thirsty 17 year olds like myself can't kill themselves. i read on a thread somewhere that this guy managed to get his sport trac up close to 130 with the help from a programmer company...
  9. S

2003-Explorer Sport

nothing to worry about. thats normal with explorers mine is an 02'. as far as i can think its because of the independent front and rear suspension. u cud try putting different shocks on it.
  10. S

20's or 22's

not a good idea. i would seriously discourage anyone from putting 22" rims on an EX. because along with the money you are spending on the rims and tires you will have to invest in new brakes. i would go with either wilwoods or brembos. but right there you are talking 3500-5000 bucks. and if u...
  11. S

Cuts off at 99MPH!!!!!

rev limiter. by any chance do your rpm's cut off at 3,000 when its in park or neutral? because my 02' does the same thing it cuts off around that speed.
  12. S

01+ lifted sports--photos

FOrd explorer sport lift kit. i have an 02 sport 2 door. can i get a suspension lift like the ones on those two black sports? i need all the info i can get.
  13. S

2002 Explorer Sport Gibson Exhaust or flowmaster 70 series

flowmaster 70 series I know for a fact that its better that the piping is around 2 1/4 in. because once you hit 2 1/2 you start losing power. I had to have mine custom made.
  14. S

Anyone know a lot about the sport and sport trac?

I am currently looking for a lift kit for my 2002 ford explorer sport 2 door 4wd. However I am not sure if the 4" lift from the sport trac will work on my 2 door. So if anyone knows the scoop. hit me up with a message
Back