Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Radio not holding SiriusXM channel / sometimes changes to FM after being shut off

Fixed it! As a result of this issue and thread, I checked the Sync version in my 2019 Ranger, which was also set to auto update, but apparently wasn't (still had a 2019 version of Sync). I updated the Ranger as well via USB, and the upgrade addressed one of my frustrations with the 2019...
  2. J

Radio not holding SiriusXM channel / sometimes changes to FM after being shut off

USB update complete with no issues. Now we'll see if it fixes my problem!
  3. J

Thanks. Easy enough to give that a try. When I look at the "About SYNC" screen, it says: SYNC 3, Software Version: 3.4 Build 22251_PRODUCT Ford Motor Company I assume that's the number you're referring to, and that means I'm on build 22251 and not at 23088? What's weird is when I set it for...
  4. J

2020 Platinum. Starting a few months ago, my Explorer stopped holding the SiriusXM channel it was left on when we turn the vehicle off. Sometimes, it switches to the default SiriusXM SID channel ("0", I think), and sometimes it switches to an FM station (107.3). When this happens, our preset...
  5. J

Where is this grease coming from?

Thanks! Is that something that would be covered under the powertrain warranty? I'm outside the 3 year / 36,000 period.
  6. J

Where is this grease coming from?

2020 Limited 4WD. Front passenger wheel. Very thick grease. I'm fairly confident it's from the boot where the half axle goes into the knuckle; however, I can't see or feel any cracks or holes, and both clamps seem intact. I figure, with the centrifugal force, it wouldn't take a very large...
  7. J

Dull "rattle" inside driver door

2020 Explorer Platinum. I have a dull rattle inside the driver's door, almost like a wire is hitting against something when I go over even slight bumps. It's barely noticeable but it's there. I know if I ask the dealer about it, they'll say they don't hear anything. It also makes a quick...
  8. J

Cabin Noise (Echo)

Deep Base Type Noise - Tires? Similar?
  9. J

Bad Wiper Blades?

Does anyone know who OEMs the Ford wiper blades now? I know it used to be Valeo (maybe still is?) I found the Valeos to be excellent on my 2010 Escape and 2013 Explorer, so I always got Valeo 900 series replacements for them from Rock Auto. I just replaced the OEM blades on my 2019 Ranger...
  10. J

Deep Base Type Noise - Tires?

I have this problem! I just logged back into this forum to see if I could find a thread on this issue, because it's such a low, dull, odd sound, that it's hard to explain, and I thought I was going crazy. It bothers my ears, but not in a way that a high pitched or loud noise would. It's...
  11. J

2020 Explorer brake issue

Checking in; I've had this happen to me 3 times since January 2020. Put car in drive or reverse, and it starts to move even though I have my food on the brake. Brake feels hard and pumping the brake doesn't stop the vehicle, only putting back in park stops it.
  12. J

Drove my new Platinum off the dealer lot with non-functional signal light

Well, I found the connector... It's one connector for the whole headlamp assembly. Disconnecting and reconnecting the connector didn't solve my problem, so back to the dealer she goes.
  13. J

2020 Paint Issues

I noticed this paint "blob" on my new Ex last night, when I got it home from the dealer and into the garage. Not sure if I should have them repair it, or just leave it. I feels like a solid blob and not a bubble. I also realized my front passenger directional isn't working. :mad:
  14. J

Drove my new Platinum off the dealer lot with non-functional signal light

I bought a new Platinum yesterday, and during the test drive, I noticed the directional indicator was blinking / clicking more quickly during right turns than during left turns. I thought, "hmm... that normally indicates a bulb is out, but everything is LED on these cars, and surely something...
  15. J

Dual-headrest rear seat DVD entertainment system - after-market options?

Thanks; found the thread. Looks like they're supplied by Invision.
  16. J

Dual-headrest rear seat DVD entertainment system - after-market options?

I'm currently pricing out a 2020 Explorer to replace our 2013 Explorer, especially since our local dealer has some great deals going right now (Platinum / no additional options with MSRP of $59,445, currently listed for $50,170). Our 2013 has the OEM rear seat / headrest entertainment system...
  17. J

Private offers/rebates

Are these still available? I've been surfing around researching new 2020 Explorers at ford.com, dealer sites, NADA, etc, but didn't get anything. I made sure I had pop up blocker off because of this thread.
  18. J

Leak (oil?) help

Thanks Crystal, will do. I have an appointment for first thing Tuesday morning.
  19. J

Leak (oil?) help

Thanks for the replies. Sounds like a visit to the dealer is in order. Truck is about 2 years old with 18k miles, so well within warranty. I noticed some drips after the last oil change at 15k miles about 2 months ago, but it was dark and dirty (what I assumed to be oil), so I figured the...
  20. J

Leak (oil?) help

I noticed what looks to be some oil under my 2013 Explorer in the garage today, so I took a look underneath and saw this: (Looking underneath, from side just behind front driver wheel) (Looking underneath, from front, driver side) Any ideas? Was less than a teaspoon in a few...
  21. J

No rear storage compartment??

I just bought a 2013 Limited today. One of my only disappointments while considering the purchase was the lack of storage compartments in the back. My 2006 XLT has nice space underneath the rear cargo area for my tool kit, first aid kit, some water and MREs, fire extinguisher, etc. I guess...
  22. J

Has anyone replaced their turn signal switch?

Yeah, it was pretty easy. Two screws to remove the lower dashboard panel, three screws to remove the steering column trim, and two regular torx screws to remove the assembly.
Back