Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Z

How to: Overhead console display fix - 2nd Gen

An excellent diagnosis, but I'm not so good with the solder. When I got to the circuit board, one of the 501 resisters was loose on one end just as you described. However, my soldering didn't go so well - it still doesn't work. I have a friend who's good with electronics - maybe he can still...
  2. Z

How to: Overhead console display fix - 2nd Gen

I'm going to try and tackle this problem this week. If you have any way to either post or send those detailed photos of the repair, I'd really appreciate the guidance!
  3. Z

Upper console temp display just died.

Thanks for the advice and suggestions. The display just disappeared. It came on sporadically a couple of times, but now the display is gone completely...it never flickered or faded. Both lights still work fine and I can't find any blown fuses. I took the overhead console out yesterday...
  4. Z

Upper console temp display just died.

I'm on here searching for an answer to that same question. My temperature display console was working fine on the way into work, completely dead that evening (but the reading lamps work), and then suddenly started working again. That was two days ago. Yesterday it was a repeat of the same -...
  5. Z

I think I figured out a fix for the code 36/37 airbag light

I recently purchased a 1999 model and the airbag light was on. The previous owner said a mechanic wanted about $400 to replace a harness and maybe $400 more for another harness if the first one didn't work. I checked on here, and, following the sage advice, reached under my two front seats and...
Back