Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Z

Brake Bleeding necessary after changing pads & rotors?

the haynes manual says to just throw channel locks onto the old pads before removing them to depress the pistons. is it more effective, or better even, to use the C-clamp method?
  2. Z

Cleaning stock rims

windex, elbow grease, and scotchbrite pads. couldnt believe how good window cleaner worked vs. pricey tire/rim cleaners
  3. Z

How to: Replace a thermostat on a 1996 4.0L OHV V6.

i had a problem with my engine overheating. i followed your guide step by step on replacing the thermostat and it, well, again -- i had a problem... thanks for the info charlie. :thumbsup:
  4. Z

Does anyone know how to read ABS codes without a tool?

my ABS light was on for three years. i bought the new sensor at advance auto parts ($12), jacked up the rear of the truck, replaced the old one. light is now off. thanks for the info...:thumbsup:
  5. Z

overheating problems

would synthetic oil have anything to do with overheating? i started having the same problem the very day i had my oil changed to full synthetic...
  6. Z

Transmission won't go forward

i had the same problem as above as well as no reverse. after a ton of research on these boards (thanks to users 'Opera House' and 'Glacier991') i found my symptoms matched a valve body gasket problem. i called my tranny guy to ask him to take a look at the valve body gasket. it only cost me...
  7. Z

Surging idle when the compressor kicks on

i took my IAC off and cleaned it. problem solved.
  8. Z

CLEAN YOUR MAF METER! Plus Info on MPG Gains

use the 'search threads' feature. it will bring up results like this: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154711
  9. Z

ill check it out. thanks!
  10. Z

CLEAN YOUR MAF METER! Plus Info on MPG Gains

my check engine light was on and i had a pinging in my acceleration (mainly up hill). i pulled the code, it directed me to the MAF. opened it up and found a tiny spider, dead, wrapped around the sensor! sprayed it down with brake cleaner, let it dry, light went off, passed inspection. huge...
  11. Z

i know where to look for it, but what is the easiest way to reach the rear abs speed sensor? do you have to jack the truck up? is it easy to see once underneath? thanks in advance.
  12. Z

How to: IAC valve cleaning thread (w/pics)

yep. the IAC for the SOHC is $74...:scratch:
  13. Z

How to: IAC valve cleaning thread (w/pics)

i found it on autozone dot com for $42. maybe cause i have a 4.0 OHV?
  14. Z

Black globe, Vacuum reservoir on v-6???

south59: thanks so much. this was the exact part (thought it was going to be generic & needing "creative installation") that i needed! i owe you a cold one :chug: everyone else out there: if your heat/A.C. only comes out of defrost on all settings, check this globe & it's lines first. so easy...
  15. Z

Surging idle when the compressor kicks on

any results? im having the same problem...
  16. Z

Where does this vacuum line go?

was your air working again after reconnection of the vacuum lines, replacement, or both?
  17. Z

noob

noted. thanks everyone.
  18. Z

Where does this vacuum line go?

try this thread: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169945
  19. Z

noob

i was wondering what the best reference guide is to use for explorer 'do it yourself' maintenance & repair. i have a decent set of tools, one of those Haynes repair books, and some auto know-how (no formal training, biggest job was a clutch plate & fly-wheel replacement). Is there a site...
  20. Z

*bump*
  21. Z

Transmission 5R55E slipping, OD blinking

i had the same problem as above as well as no reverse. had my mechanic change the speed sensor and do a tranny service. he said it was real dirty when he dropped the pan. all of this did nothing, so he referred me to his tranny guy. after a ton of research on these boards (thanks to users 'Opera...
  22. Z

max a/c prob. stops blowing when driving

does anyone know the part number for the vacuum reservoir (black globe thing). i cant seem to find it on rockauto.com or trademotion.com (fast parts network). or, does anyone know where i can buy a replacement. i was in and accident that damaged the front passenger side and knocked the vacuum...
  23. Z

Problem with A/C Vents

does anyone know the part number for the vacuum reservoir (black globe thing). i cant seem to find it on rockauto.com or trademotion.com (fast parts network). or, does anyone know where i can buy a replacement. i was in and accident that damaged the front passenger side and knocked the vacuum...
  24. Z

Back