Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Smoked Tail Light Tint

I know this is an old post, but I felt like throwing this in anyway. I've seen a lot of newer cars, including Mountaineers and certain Lexus models, with clear taillights stock. They have absolutely no red in them except for when they light up, they're just clear lenses with regular reflectors...
  2. A

Black or Chrome rims?

You can't always go by the color in the picture, the lighting makes a big difference. I'd go with the Mojaves personally.
  3. A

speed limiter?.....

The speedometer looked like 110 or so when I maxed it out, by my GPS registered 107 which is what I went off of. Either way I haven't really gone to those speeds since then for very long at all, I'll cruise at 80 or so usually because I feel comfortable there.
  4. A

speed limiter?.....

Mine tops out at 107 according to my GPS unit before it got stolen :( I got bored driving home from school on I-84 when nobody else was on the road, didn't know at first why my truck just stopped accelerating and then I remembered and felt quite embarrassed. I'm not going to bother tweaking it...
  5. A

Piaa

Like Paraphoe said, any aftermarket lights like that will outshine headlights big time. If you're also looking to brighten your headlights without paying for HIDs or something on top of those other lights, I recommend going with Silver Stars. They were a vast improvement over my stock bulbs and...
  6. A

Twin turbo Ford GT

I need a new pair of boxers...
  7. A

Sport and Sport Trac?

Yeah, they're the same part. As long as it's the 01-05 Sport Trac the light will fit the 01-03 Sport.
  8. A

Dirty Jerzee Contact List:

Name: Zac Location: Wantage (Sussex County) AIM: zacha11 I'm about 20 minutes from Sparta, right near Stokes as well. I have no idea what my schedule looks like for winter break right now, but if I can make it I'd be interested in some light wheeling or tagging along.
  9. A

Belt tensioner noise.

My 01 Sport makes that noise at startup for about a second and then goes away. My dad's had it in his work for a mechanic to look at about twice but as far as he's been able to tell it's nothing to worry about and just something the SOHC engines do sometimes. I wouldn't let that ruin your...
  10. A

Who's Ex is this???????????

That's a great install, still leaves you with some room to put stuff and looks great. Whoever that is, kudos.
  11. A

Head gasket

I had the same problem in my '92 sport, the gasket somehow ripped and there was gunk on the seal at the heads. My dad and I took it apart, cleaned it up and put new gaskets on in a day. If you have the tools and ability to do it, you should.
  12. A

Clear turn signal bulbs that light orange?

You could get the silver frosted bulbs that light up amber, they have a couple options on this site: http://autolumination.com/3157_3156.htm
  13. A

4 Low...

Are you completely stopped and in neutral while trying to engage 4-wheel low? You have to be in order for it to engage properly. Give it a try and let us know.
  14. A

windshield wiper sizing?

No problem, glad to help.
  15. A

windshield wiper sizing?

18" for the front wipers, 16" on the rear.
  16. A

Got the Euro Black Headlights/Corners

I saw black headlights on a red F-150 the other day and it looked pretty sweet. Not something I'd personally do, but it looked nice on the truck. gomach, your truck looks pretty good. What exactly did you do with your rims, btw?
  17. A

Wanna mount 265/65/18 - Minimum lift required?

I'm running 255's with no lift or drop and I have plenty of room to get 265's if I wanted to. And yes, you can get roughly 2" of lift from TT and shackles but it will more realistically be about 1.5" or so I believe.
  18. A

Ford Taurus, ,, Y?

My dad complained to all hell when Ford dropped the Taurus for the Five Hundred and if you ask me, it was the most retarded move they could've made. The Five Hundred was nothing more than a generic family sedan that had absolutely nothing going for it in terms of something new. The Taurus was at...
  19. A

My new GTO - to me at least..

Someone passed me on the highway the other day in a GTO like that, the exhaust sounded exactly like an old muscle car. I wet myself a little in joy. Looks pretty nice, stay safe.
  20. A

fog lights and high beams

I tried doing this in my 01 Sport but they apparently don't have the right relays or something for it. Pretty frustrating.
  21. A

Sub and Amp, Will these two work together?

Agreed, running it at 250 RMS won't be under powered. It'll still be plenty loud, and remember, you can adjust the gains to get more sound out of it still.
  22. A

Alpine CDA-9883 HU: a review

With that Alpine iPod adapter, can you control the iPod itself to find songs or are you forced to do so through the head unit?
  23. A

axiom's '01 Explorer Sport

The truck finally broke 100 thousand miles tonight on the ride home from work on Rt. 284 right after you go over the NY border into NJ. Pulled off to the side and snagged a quick pic. Pretty crummy but whatever.
  24. A

Reason to Buy a Truck

Glad to hear you came out alright, that's the only thing that matters. I saw a thread on some forum years ago of some SUV (I want to say a Yota) that had hit a deer like that. There were organs and crap strewn all over the truck, even in the cargo area. Pretty nasty stuff, I'm just thankful...
  25. A

Is this a stock Ranger color?

I've seen that color once or twice near me, one truck wasn't a splash/flareside type of style so I'm guessing it's a stock color. If I remember right, one of the two was a 2000 or so, I could be wrong though.
Back