Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Car not starting! Ignition problem.

Where is DLC pin 13 located? Thanks! I really appreciate all the help.
  2. S

I do hear the pump prime and I can manually turn over the engine. Before I put the key in the ignition the theft light is blinking. Once the key is in the ignition and in on the theft light is gone.
  3. S

Battery is fine. Battery is brand new. Alternator is fine, I had it tested. Even if the alternator wasnt working properly I would still get spark because the power would be drawn off the battery until it drained the battery. If someone could let me know how the pcm communicates with the...
  4. S

Ok, so I own a 2002 ford explorer XLS and I cannot get the car to start. When I turn the key to the on position I hear the pump prime, I have a gauge and I am getting fuel pressure. I can crank over the engine when I try and start it, but it will not start. So I now know I am getting fuel...
  5. S

What transmission do I have? 2002 Explorer.

Despite what everyone here is saying 2002 ford explorers came with either the 5r55W (4wd) or the 5r55S(2wd). If you have an explorer made in 2002 before 3/1/2002 then there is a possibility that you may have an 5r55E(4wd) or 5r55N(2wd). Yes, the pan gasket is reusable. I have torn down my...
  6. S

Excellent, that documentation was a great help! Looks like I defiantly broke the intermediate band and the apply stut fell out with it. I will keep you guys posted if I do decide to rebuild it myself this weekend. I am waiting on my father in law to see if my wife can borrow his car until...
  7. S

How come I have a selonoid pack like shown in all the pictures of the 5r55w? Everything that I have looked at so far looks just like the 5r55w. Is there a for sure way to tell the difference between the W and the E? I am pretty positive in 2002 they changed to the W and S series...
  8. S

Brake lights won't go out

I have this same problem. I always remember to reach in the car and pull the brake pedal towards the drivers seat before locking the doors. It isnt a scientific fix, but it has always worked.
  9. S

Here is a book by ATSG that I was able to find on our transmission. Looks like practically the only book on it for rebuilding...
  10. S

Yah, defiantly a 5R55W. Does anyone have any books on this particular tranny for rebuilding that they would recommend? I really cant justify $1800 when I could prolly do it for less than a grand.
  11. S

Ok, I know everyone stated that I have a 5r55e.... But I am almost positive I have something different. My pan looks just like this. And my gasket looks just like this. Anyone have a link to rebuild a 5r55W? Also, i did some more research... R (2002) 5R55W. I would 100% say...
  12. S

4 door XLS. The TR code on the door said R. Isnt that the 5r55W? Do I have to rebuild the whole tranny? Thanks
  13. S

This is the two pieces that were found on the bottom of the transmission pan.
  14. S

Yah. I will get the digicam from my brother here in a couple hours and take some pictures.
  15. S

Yes, this is the first time I have dropped the pan. There were two parts in the bottom of the pan and I think it has to do with the drum/piston? One part looks like a fork where a ball bearing should go and the other looks like it has 3 rivets. Intermediate band broke? The vehicle has 120k...
  16. S

Nevermind. I figured it out. I have a 5r55W. I pulled the tranny pan and found to big sized pieces of metal in the pan. One has 3 rivets in it and the other is a fork shaped piece that looks like it holds a ball bearing in it. I am going to let the rest of the fluid drain and see what...
  17. S

I have an 02' Explorer with the V6. It is a XLS Model. Any idea what transmission type I have? I am getting a P0745 error message and my 3rd gear seems to be seeking to find it when I am in second gear. I want to replace the solenoid that the error code is giving me.
  18. S

Transmission Slipping in 3rd.

Go to Schucks. I had the same problem today and went into Schucks and got it scanned for free. My Pcode was P0745. Some transmission sensor.
  19. S

2004 explorer xlt transmission problems

I have a 2002 ford explorer. Ever since I have owned the vehicle it has had the reverse clunk problem when shifting into reverse. It acted like it had a stall or something when going into reverse. Maybe a 2 second delay? Well today my wife calls me and explains that she cannot go above 30mph...
  20. S

removing window from regulator

I talked to a glass shop and the circles you are referring to are rivets. I think the only way is to drill them out?
Back