Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

How to: Explorer Auto Transmission Diagnosis - Q & A FAQ

Thanks for your help The trans has not been touched except for the servo replacement and VB gasket work that I mentioned above. Looking for the blown out gasket was the first TSB issue that was addressed. MAF sensor was cleaned based on another TSB but it tested OK before and after the...
  2. F

Thanks for the help, this forum is a life saver. The guys at AAMCO dropped the VB and replaced the gasket (which had some damage near the Reverse piston) and buttoned the whole thing back up. Supposedly they ran a full diagnostic on it with no clear causes for the shift flare which is still...
  3. F

1-2 flare repair, looking for suggestions I’ve been researching the posts on this page for a few days trying to better understand the problems in my own trans and get ideas for potential fixes. I have seen several other folks with identical issues on the forum so I apologize in advance if my...
  4. F

97 5R55E tranny goes in neutral between shifts

I started to develop a whine/vibration in my Trac a few weeks ago which wound up being the front right wheel bearing but I have a similiar 1-2 flaring issue. I’ve been researching the posts on this page for a few days trying to better understand the problems in my own trans and get ideas for...
Back