Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 0

blown headgasket upgrade or stock or not

Ok hopefully some of you guys and gals can give me some advice. 01 explorer limited 5.0 awd 145k miles. Headgasket is gone. Im a Master mechanic. So now that thats out of the way. What do y'all think i should do. I think i can swing about 1000 out of the wife to fix it. Should i fix it...
  2. 0

5.0 Exhaust Thread

Im running 2 borla xr mufflers 2" all the way out the back both dumped on the same side. True duals on mine just small piping. I figured 2 2" pipes is bigger then one 3" outlet.
  3. 0

Awd bearing help needed

Sweet dude you rock.
  4. 0

Awd bearing help needed

Im trying to buy a hub bearing for my 01 limited. It's awd. when i look up bearing they are all for 4wd. Are they the same?
  5. 0

98 EB seats in a 01 limited

I found a georgous eb crashed with immaculate interior. My ft seats are shot. Will the eb seats bolt up. They dont have power lumbar or heated like my limiteds. Will i be able to wire them up to work to work even thought my car is factory with heat and lumbar.
  6. 0

Wanted 01 explorer parts (lights

I need a left ft fog lamp assy. and a lft/rr tailight. Lmk prices shipped to 94560
  7. 0

Wanted Left front spindle for 01 limited

Just like it sayes i need a left front spindle for an 01 limited awd.
  8. 0

Whats your Explorer worth?

My 01 limited with 115k was just salvaged due to someone turning into the front of it. The ins is cashing me out 7600 for mine minus my $1000 deduct. I'm buying it back for $800.
  9. 0

Where to buy ft suspension

I dont tow alot it's the family hauler. So would these be cool or should i buy moog looking to try and save some dough. Also has anybody replaced the lower control arm bushings?
  10. 0

Where to buy ft suspension

I'm looking to redo my ft suspension bushing and all. I've seen ebay kits, are they any good? Looking at this kit...
  11. 0

Accident

Brandon good looking out but not really felling the air dam. If i was lowered maybe.
  12. 0

Accident

Wife just got into a accident in the X. Ins wants to total it. 01 limited with 115k miles. I'm gonna buy it back. It needs a bumper and ft end rebuilt. I have larger tires and 17" bullits. Tires rubbing the upper ball joint. Only had 1/4" clearance anyways. My question is where...
  13. 0

CAUTION! AWD Front Drive Shaft Removal --Drifts in park.

Ok so now i'm thinking about taking my ft drive shaft out. But i have another question. Since we all have aode's corect me if i'm wrong. why not put a stock tailhousing on the trans and add a 2wd driveshaft and be dnoe with it. I want to pull my ft driveshaft but can't afford to replace a tc if...
  14. 0

mustang rims and 256/70/17

Yeah i workl at a dealer too but not too often coming accross a set of 17's on an suv that are still good. I don't wana put on car tires. Prozac where did u get the spacers from?
  15. 0

mustang rims and 256/70/17

I just picked up some 99 gt rims and 265/70/17's. I installed them and have some rubbing isues while turning and i have less than an 1/4" from the tire to upper ball joint. Has anybody this problem with mustang rims. I've heard other people talking about 265's fitting but wondering how. Are...
  16. 0

275/70/17's on an 01

I was wondering if they would fit. I'm all stock when it comes to ride height. I'm picking up some 17x8 cobra wheels and was wondering will the tires fit. I already have the tires so i'm hopping so. I searched and other were saying they fit but they have 02's and up. I have an 01 limited 5.0 awd...
  17. 0

Solved Explorer Towing Capacities

I have an 01 limited with a 5.0 awd. Would towing a 3500 pound car and tandem axle trailed be pushing it. I have only on HUGE hill to cllimb then it's all flat land after that. It's the altamont hill in livermore ca. if anyone knows what i'm talking about.
  18. 0

Modifications for 5.0 AWD for more hp

Has anyone tried towing a car? I have a mustang that i'm planning on taking to the track soon.
  19. 0

5.0 Exhaust Thread

Let mw know how i turns out with the x-pipe. I was planning on doing the same. Has anybody in ca. removed the rear cats and passed smog?
  20. 0

p0172 and p0175 Help needed

I have a p0172 and p0175 rich on bank 1 and 2. Just had the fuel pump regulator assy. replacd and the code is still there. I had 65psi at the rail previously. I haven't checked it again but i was told that i need a new maf. But my warranty didn't cover it. I'm just wondering if I really need the...
  21. 0

2001 limited AWD 5.0 what next

Thanks everyone for the help. I'll probally stay away from the headers for now. But i'll check on the coil packs, wires, and intake spacer. DO these 5.0's have roller rockers? Also what cam do these come with aren't they the b303 cam.
  22. 0

2001 limited AWD 5.0 what next

Just bought a 2001 limited v8 AWd for the wife and want to mod it some. I'm a mustang guy so i know some tricks but they don't seem to apply to my truck. What can i do. I already purchased a cold intake. Can i add a gt-40 spacer 1"? Also i heard about a brown wire mod if someone could explain to...
  23. 0

2001 limited in the house

Just picked up a 2001 limited for the wife and new baby. Long time ford guy so you know we can't leave it stock. Or better yet i cant leave it stock pics coming soon.. :D
Back