Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Parking Brake only works in reverse

Thanks, Now that you mention it one of the spring pins was bent, and I did not dare straighten it in fear of breaking it. I did not think it would make that much of a difference. I will see if I can find a hardware kit somewhere.
  2. T

abs pump

My 96 was doing the same thing when I bought it used. It was really anoying when I test drove it, so I was able to negotiate a really good price on the truck. I pulled out the fuse under the hood to disable the ABS, I might try to fix it someday, but now I dont miss the ABS that much, I...
  3. T

Parking Brake only works in reverse

I have a 96 sport 4x4 with a 5 speed. When I bought it the parking brakes did not work. With the all the help on this forum I replaced the completly shot parking brake shoes inside the disk brakes. When I tried out the Parking brakes they did not seem to work at all. So I adjusted the...
  4. T

rear parking brake and axle shaft question

I have a 96 Explorer 2 door 4x4 I recently replaced my rear disk brake pads, and when I had the calipers off I tried removing the inside drum for the parking brakes to see why my parking brakes were not working. Both sides were stuck on and I tried beating them with a mallet and using...
Back